[C++] INI lib vs. Windows Functions

Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
2,203
Reaction score
1,012
I gotta move some data out of my DLL (SQLAPI connection info) into a INI file for some server side stuff, for a release, anyway I've never really messed with configuration files much, and was wondering if it's worth it to use a INI Lib, or just use the Windows Functions for reading from ini's. I can't really see it being worth it, but I may be missing some key component of information that I didn't know about, so I just wanna double check.
 
Most of ****-things I make in C# require settings, So I always use the one from kernel32 dll. I assume that's the one from windows. Never had a problem and didn't care about read speed.

Also I would always write small class for it so I can set path once and then read by keys only.
 
Back