Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#] Protect against decompilers.

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm about to release my program to the public, what step(s) can I take to minimise (or completely stop) leeches from decompiling?

Sorry that I don't have that much time to actually take the time, but I've been searching for about 2 hours now and I have to get ready for my Dads.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1) Dotfuscator, part of visual studio, scrambles code.
2) Dotnet Reactor encrypts exe file

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ohh and compress your *.exe file.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Be sure to include no debug information at all, and use all size compression technique's (strip binary symbols). Also, be sure to release in "Release" mode, rather then "Debug" mode.

And use UPX, google it ;)

Arrogant Wizard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since when did UPX work on .NET executeables? I was in the understanding it only worked on normal PE executeables in native code.

Just give up allready, you can't make a .NET application that cannot be decompiled.
Who cares if a few nerds can see the source.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since when did UPX work on .NET executeables? I was in the understanding it only worked on normal PE executeables in native code.

Oh sorry, yes that could be true.

Just give up allready, you can't make a .NET application that cannot be decompiled.
Who cares if a few nerds can see the source.

Every executable can be decompiled...it's extremely hard to make a good protection...I just protected it just a little bit, so it keeps off the newbies and doesn't challange the real crackers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
dotnet reactor is the safest at the moment, there is no tools availible to directly unpack a exe/dll created with it.

Back