[c++] PXI

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
I am trying to make the latest svn spawn npc from the spawn code from 6.4

I have it down to one error I can not fix

here it is
Code:
Error	1	error C2660: 'CBaseEntity::isFaceing' : function does not take 1 arguments	C:\Users\Josh\Desktop\pXi_r1430\src\CZoneHandler.cpp	356	1	PXI

Here is the code in question

Code:
		if(mob->hasBehaviour(AGGRO_SIGHT) && mob->isFaceing(schar->loc.p)) { // and in view and not usign invis
					if((CUtil::distance(schar->loc.p, mob->loc.p) <= 15 )) {
						mob->aggroChar(schar);

Here is the function ( I think tis what it is called )

Code:
bool CBaseEntity::isFaceing(struct position p, int coneAngle) {
	
	//Entity's true heading
	unsigned char truerot = (unsigned char)this->getRot();

	//Desired heading.  Although it is extremely rare to have identical x or z coordinates, this should avoid division by 0.
	if((p.x - this->loc.p.x) == 0) { 
		p.x += 0.001f;
	}

	if((p.z - this->loc.p.z) == 0) { 
		p.z += 0.001f;
	}

	float angle = atan2((p.z - this->loc.p.z),(p.x - this->loc.p.x)); //Arctangent of the slope of the line between entity and target.
	unsigned char rot = (unsigned char) ((2 * 3.14159265358979f - angle) * 256 / (2 * 3.14159265358979f)); //Adjust from radians to SE's 256 degree system.
	
	unsigned char diff = (unsigned char) (abs(truerot - rot)); //The absolute value of the deviation from desired heading.
	
	if(diff <= coneAngle || diff >= (256 - coneAngle)) { //Allowed deviation.  The second case is if the target is due east (compare 254 to 2 for example).
		return true; //Within acceptable range.
	}

	return false; //Not within acceptable range.

}

Any help here is greatly appreciated
 
Yeah I realized that, and made the apporiate changes, lol ... now I am getting over 200 linker errors :( and 1 external symbol error :(
 
Back