• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

C# vs Visual basic

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm thinking to make a program for mu online where you can edit BMD files and shops and monster spawn points and to create accounts and edit characters, maybe I will drop that project at some point but what programming language do you know C# or Visual basic or both?

If I will finish that project at the end, I will consider to make that open source.
So if I will finish that and give the source one day I want it to be written in the most popular programming language.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not sure you know programming... Because you ask it, so I think the VB will be your way...

But I prefer to use C#...

BTw you can use both, you can make it, but editing bmw files... its not that easy as you think. encrypt- descript.... etct

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not sure you know programming... Because you ask it, so I think the VB will be your way...

But I prefer to use C#...

BTw you can use both, you can make it, but editing bmw files... its not that easy as you think. encrypt- descript.... etct

I know how to program in both of these languages and I already know how to read and write bmd files.
I just asked because I want to know what language is more known for the people here.

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know how to program in both of these languages and I already know how to read and write bmd files.
I just asked because I want to know what language is more known for the people here.

This two language is based on the same.... if you know programming in vb, than you can in c# too....

I started with vb on nanolauncher and than I made stuff on c# too...

Nowdays I use c# because its more complex and better. I like it.

So I think c# is the right way.

Upvote 0
Back