Cabal private server setting up

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

A little confuse on the Cabal server setting up procedure. Hope someone could enlighten me, also forgive me if I'm not reading any other post similar since I've been searching for the solution for hours.

I am trying to learn how to set up the server on my laptop, which in fact I will be only playing the game myself, so both server (CentOS) and database (MSSQL) are on my PC.

There are a few questions I wanted to clarify.

1. The command "service cabal start" results all in OK status but when I try to check with "service cabal status" below are the result.

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# service cabal start
Starting AuthDBAgent:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting DBAgent_01:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting RockAndRollITS:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting GlobalMgrSvr:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting GlobalDBAgent:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting CashDBAgent:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting PCBangDBAgent:                                    [  OK  ]
Starting EventDBAgent:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting PartySvr_01:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting ChatNode_01:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting EventMgrSvr:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting AgentShop_01:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting LoginSvr_01:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting WorldSvr_01_01:                                   [  OK  ]

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# service cabal status
AuthDBAgent (pid 4202) is running...
DBAgent_01 (pid 4228) is running...
RockAndRollITS (pid 4249) is running...
GlobalMgrSvr (pid 4266) is running...
GlobalDBAgent (pid 4283) is running...
CashDBAgent (pid 4309) is running...
PCBangDBAgent (pid 4335) is running...
EventDBAgent (pid 4359) is running...
PartySvr_01 (pid 4385) is running...
ChatNode_01 is stopped
EventMgrSvr is stopped
AgentShop_01 is stopped
LoginSvr_01 is stopped
WorldSvr_01_01 is stopped

I've try to start the service with specific name as "service ChatNode_01 start" but to no avail. Any idea why? Attach with the log files that might provide some more information.

2. I would like to run the client in the same PC as well, do I still need to port forward the specific port? Or I just need to disable to firewall in both host and guest(Vbox) OS? As I encounter the error with "You have failed to connect to the server" when I try to login to the game.

Thanks..
 

Attachments

Disable firewall in your CentOS, that will open the needed port 38XXX range, SSH,..

In your windows OS port forward the MSSQL port 1433 or disable the firewall.

Nice laptop. :thumbup1:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, but I have already done all the instructions you've said, end up I have to reinstall the re-pack to make it work. Yeah, it works now, and I'm looking into the SQL command for different actions.
 
Upvote 0
your installation is correct,,,

try this

service cabal stop

then

service cabal start

if there is still service that is not running,,,do this

service "service name" start :example service ChatNode_01 start
 
Upvote 0
your installation is correct,,,

try this

service cabal stop

then

service cabal start

if there is still service that is not running,,,do this

service "service name" start :example service ChatNode_01 start

Thanks, as I mentioned before, I have done fully setting up the server. =)
Anyway, did you know any tutorial or guide that could lead me to the SQL knowledge such as Item creation, account creation, editing and stuff?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, as I mentioned before, I have done fully setting up the server. =)
Anyway, did you know any tutorial or guide that could lead me to the SQL knowledge such as Item creation, account creation, editing and stuff?

THIS!!!! Will Lead You To Your Greatness!... [CLICK ME!!!]
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have same problem and i followed this:

Disable firewall in your CentOS, that will open the needed port 38XXX range, SSH,..

In your windows OS port forward the MSSQL port 1433 or disable the firewall.

Nice laptop. :thumbup1:

it doesn't help and i still get

Code:
[root@localhost ~]# service cabal status
AuthDBAgent (pid 4202) is running...
DBAgent_01 (pid 4228) is running...
RockAndRollITS (pid 4249) is running...
GlobalMgrSvr (pid 4266) is running...
GlobalDBAgent (pid 4283) is running...
CashDBAgent (pid 4309) is running...
PCBangDBAgent (pid 4335) is running...
EventDBAgent (pid 4359) is running...
PartySvr_01 (pid 4385) is running...
ChatNode_01 is stopped
EventMgrSvr is stopped
AgentShop_01 is stopped
LoginSvr_01 is stopped
WorldSvr_01_01 is stopped

also i upload the whole error logs
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.280446 3086358224]: open log file  '/var/log/cabal/DBAgent_01.log'
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.281054 3086358224]: LOG LEVEL: 3
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.281319 3086358224]: MemPoolUnitSizeClass(3): 28672Bytes
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.282032 3086358224]: Seed: 1510134017
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.283682 3086358224]: Start DBAgent_01 Server
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.288606 3086358224]: UseEcryptText (Off)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.288827 3086358224]: UseQueryTimeOutSec (0)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.288920 3086358224]: CacheUserDataKeepMin (60)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.291196 3086358224]: ServerType(233): 5 Threads
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.317956 3086355344]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Start [3086355344]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.319121 3075865488]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Start [3075865488]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.319690 3065375632]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Start [3065375632]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.320219 3054885776]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Start [3054885776]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:30:17.321073 3044395920]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Start [3044395920]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.821779 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(MSG)      : [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Server is unavailable or does not exist.
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.822444 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(CODE)     : 20009
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.822573 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(VAR_INFO) : 
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.822688 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(SQLSTATE) : 08S01
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.822901 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] DB ERROR(STM_TEXT) : 
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.823020 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] Database Connect Fail ((null))
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.823929 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] check 'pDB' fail
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.824017 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] 'DungeonRankingSchedule' fail (Proc/DungeonRanking.cpp:138)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.824130 3086358224]: try listening 38181 port
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.826015 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] fail listening 38181 port (Address already in use)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:26.827049 3086358224]: [##ERROR##] active fail
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.162774 3086355344]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3086355344]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.165117 3075865488]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.165211 3075865488]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3075865488]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.165451 3065375632]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.165525 3065375632]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3065375632]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.165950 3054885776]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.166030 3054885776]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3054885776]
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.166475 3044395920]: [##ERROR##] getq fail (108)
[Fri Feb 15 2013 19:33:27.166581 3044395920]: CProcessLayer(0)::svc Terminated [3044395920]

This should be your main problem. Check your cabal config. I am hosting the server + database on my laptop and playing the game on the same laptop as well, so I don't need to port forward nor I don't need to have any external IP address to set up, if you use the tutorial out there, I believe they are showing to insert the external IP (getting from ) at the cabal config IP for player to connect part. If you are to play the game yourself (or together with someone in the same network), you might want to set it as local IP (192.168.x.xxx).
 
Upvote 0
already changed config to:
MSSQL IP : 192.168.1.101 (Windows IP)
IP for players to connect : 192.168.1.102 (CentOS IP)
and i still have the same problem :S
 
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem as Samurai2009, those 5 services just wont turn on and stay on. I am curious if it has anything to do with the port block of 1433 that my ISP has up, or if its due to something else?
 
Upvote 0
Back