• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

CabaL serv. for windows/ubuntu?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
Is it really impossible to make a server emulator for windows? or at least for linux ubuntu? And btw : the MSsql server, can't u use MYsql instead?? MSsql is retarded.

peace, love and understanding!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes it's possible on ubuntu..I don't think mysql use is possible

Why won't MYsql work? Can't u export the sql files from the MSsql server in .sql? And do u just install the server noramally in ubuntu?

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why WOULD MySQL work?? -.- The CABAL server files were coded to use MSSQL, not MySQL, so ofc they won't work with MySQL. The files use stored procedures a LOT, and MySQL's stored procedure implementation is... well, it's poop. Also, no, you can't install the server normally in Ubuntu. The RPM's were designed for redhat-based OS's (specifically CentOS), so installing them on Ubuntu requires the use of Alien. You're better off just installing CentOS like everybody else.

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And btw : the MSsql server, can't u use MYsql instead?? MSsql is retarded.
I have to disagree with you there. MySQL is simpler to understand and use this is true but mssql is far far better (well other than 2000). Cabal was designed for mssql (or possibly oracle, never used it so not sure) and mysql's query language, name schema and stored procedure methods are very different (i agree with Yamachi's comment on their stored procs). Having used both as part of my job i would go with MSSQL every time and the mysql project is being abandoned by many devs these days since oracle bought them.

Installing on ubuntu (or pretty much any linux OS) is possible using as Yamachi says but when it comes to dependecies and solving niggly little problems you will be on your own. Almost everybody uses centos and the guides are based on centos so unless you are a linux guru i wouldn't even attempt it as you will have nowhere to get help from.

Upvote 0
Back