Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CabalMain.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Before someone links me the search function let me say I've already been searching but 5 days without sleep is probably interfering with my ability to think. Pretty new to the cabal private server scene (2weeks...) First of all let me give you a rundown of the events as they unfolded.

So first i setup the CentOS 6.4 without a hitch and installed Exo's repack at first. All ports forwarded, able to ping everything fine so i know its working and tried using TGCabal's client with Punk's cabalmain.exe ran into first problem there. X-Trap would start up do it's thing. stuck at stage 1 <Fixed it easy>

Problem 2. CabalMain process would get to about 70mb of ram used (kept eyeballing it in task manager)
then terminate highly doubted that the server files were to blame but installed toast's repack on a fresh CentOS and tried again but alas same problem.

So decided that the cabalmain was an issue and decided to look for a new one thus i stumbled upon this

http://forum.ragezone.com/f458/cabal-ep8-original-client-version-912215/

Saw the guy saying he was having an issue when he moved his character but decided to test it anyway just to see if i could at least connect to the server. Success! Got in fiddled with the GM tools tested most of the functions and tweaked settings made sure all the channels functioned etc. But I've still got that nagging problem.

The Problems I'm facing are

1. With the 369 Client i can connect fine but then disconnect when I move (can't have that happening...)

2. Without using that client and switching back to the 374 released by PunkS7yle i still have that little issue of the cabalmain.exe process terminating before it launches.

Not looking for hand outs or to be spoon fed. Brain's not working well right now but still want to keep researching and absorbing information. If anyone has had this problem before and can point me in the general direction of a fix i'd be very happy. Now I go try and probably fail miserably at getting come sleep.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On the first look it sounds to me like your trying to run the cabalmain without any params. TG default client and Punk's cabalmain should work unless you did changes to ex. xor's and packet encryption which i believe its not a case here. Lets try with a basic question, are you using internal and "start.bat", something that looks like this:

internal.txt
Code:
[MD5CHECK]
LANGUAGE_SKIP = 1
ALL_FILE_CHECK = 0

[server]
IP=yourip
PORT=38101
IP_CHAT=yourip
IP_PORT=38121
CMK=0

start.bat
Code:
@echo off
start CabalMain.exe breaklee
exit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I'm using the Internal and bat files. Got that part figured out. no idea why punk's exe isn't working..... (unless the file i have for his cabalmain was tampered with?)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: Redid OS to windows 8.1 and the launcher worked flawlessly. But it's not working at all on windows 7.
Neither 32 nor 64 bit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SOLVED! My Windows 8 trap files cannot be used with any other OS. If you run into this problem host ur own trap server.

Back