Can GPT-6 (ASTRA) create server files for an existing MMORPG?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Messages
87
Reaction score
24
I previously tried to create a private server for an MMORPG using only the game client with GPT-5.6 Sol, but it was honestly way beyond what it could handle.

However, since GPT-6 (ASTRA) was released, I've been hearing that ASTRA is supposedly much better at developing private servers and reverse-engineering existing games.

For those of you who are currently using GPT-6, is that actually true?

Does GPT-6 make a significant difference when it comes to developing a private server for an existing MMORPG?
 
I don't know about GPT-6, but I've been using Claude Code with Opus (and its 1-million-token context window), and I managed to update and deploy DDTank with it—downloading the launcher, grabbing files from the CDN, and so on—all "autonomously." I did it in a maximum of five runs; I don't use Fable because it eats up the whole weekly quota, lol.
 
As some comments mentioned, there will be some walls to get over for reverse engineering part, but otherwise it can easily bring a game to life with a client only.

Two questions remains though - how functional it can be with multiple people and how maintainable it is, as AI code is usually not "clean" and easily understood by humans lol
 
AI does this really well!! Don't listen to anyone!! GPT doesn't care at all what you ask it to reverse, it has no restrictions on it!!
 
I previously tried to create a private server for an MMORPG using only the game client with GPT-5.6 Sol, but it was honestly way beyond what it could handle.

However, since GPT-6 (ASTRA) was released, I've been hearing that ASTRA is supposedly much better at developing private servers and reverse-engineering existing games.

For those of you who are currently using GPT-6, is that actually true?

Does GPT-6 make a significant difference when it comes to developing a private server for an existing MMORPG?
Depends on what are you trying to RE. I would say 95% of the time is not possible.
 
Depends on what are you trying to RE. I would say 95% of the time is not possible.
Maybe we're making a game server and restoring everything we can, some things manually, some with AI, and it works like it's supposed to. It can also decrypt obfuscated and minified files, as well as analyze packets! This is important.

What could have taken years, we did in a month: we almost completely implemented all game mechanics, restored all mobs, all maps, VFX, and so on, and we also made a full shop editor. Right now, we're in the process of getting full access to the map editor.

Also, when updates come out on the official server, we get them right away and always have the latest version =) we're detached from Steam and have our own launcher, etc. Basically, nowadays with AI you can do a lot more and much faster
 
Maybe we're making a game server and restoring everything we can, some things manually, some with AI, and it works like it's supposed to. It can also decrypt obfuscated and minified files, as well as analyze packets! This is important.

What could have taken years, we did in a month: we almost completely implemented all game mechanics, restored all mobs, all maps, VFX, and so on, and we also made a full shop editor. Right now, we're in the process of getting full access to the map editor.

Also, when updates come out on the official server, we get them right away and always have the latest version =) we're detached from Steam and have our own launcher, etc. Basically, nowadays with AI you can do a lot more and much faster
Yeah, and you got some idea of what you are doing. But its not gonna RE and spawn "source code" on its own like magic haha.
 
Back