Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cannot Enter the World...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I searched this forum for this and only found where someone had the same problem back in 2015, but no one gave a solution...

I can start the server, zones and enter to the character screen, but cannot enter the world. The "Enter World" button just keeps pressing, but nothing happens. No errors, no crash, no screen change, nothing! This happened after I logged off the game and shut down the world. Then restarted it.

Here is the server and zone that I'm in working:
1686876830189 - Cannot Enter the World... - RaGEZONE Forums

and here is the character screen doing nothing:
1686876870203 - Cannot Enter the World... - RaGEZONE Forums

The button pressed down and nothing:
1686876910884 - Cannot Enter the World... - RaGEZONE Forums

Does anyone have any idea of why or how to fix this?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

What do you mean "Ports"?

I have the ports opened in the Firewall, it's how I was able to play the game just a few hours ago. I never changed anything to do with ports and the VM stayed online, I never rebooted the VM, it has the same I.P. as it did before and the ports are still opened.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
16403 , 16404 for the BG if you run games ... All i can tell you is place a client on your server side and see if it connect from there ... if it does then it is port related ... i dont run it in VM so you might wait for another to answer sorry ....

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Hmm.. Ok, so I opened up ALL ports on ALL programs. Rebooted the VM then started the server / zones and still doing the same thing.

RE-EDIT: Turns out that it wasn't a "Port" issue after all. It was my account. I apparently deleted or changed the wrong thing inside the database and whatever it was prevented me from entering the world.

I created a brand new account, then created a new character on that account and it worked just fine.

... I also created a new character on the original account and it did not work, so it has to be the actual account. I did mess around in the database and change things on that account, deleted a few things, etc... So, no telling what I messed up.
ANOTHER EDIT:
So, I've been searching and trying to figure this thing out and I found this:

I did change my money, however this SQL script doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I can't help you with this, because thats SQL stuff with goes way behind my knowledge, but maybe for some who knows its easier if you post the log.

There is logfiles, and i believe your error should be noted in playercenter logfile.

I also had those things for example when i played around a bit with mirrorworld in Mupu Vanilla which is not working but screwed my account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On the server side, find the server->log->..->DBErr_PlayerCenter.log file.

In this file, you should be able to see a failed SQL statement, like the one below:

(5)23:12:34 DB Write Error UPDATE RoleData SET autobotcount = 0.000000e+00, bankcount = 300, bankmoney = 0, bodyc........

The issue is with weekinstance = CAST(0x0300000003000000030000000300000003000000 AS binary(20))

The number of bits set for this field in this table in the database is not enough. You can choose to modify this field in the database to varbinary(20), then manually execute this update SQL, and the problem should be resolved. It's best to also change the Phantom field type to varchar(1216).

I once encountered a situation where I couldn't enter the game, and this is how I resolved it. If your error is different from mine, please post the error message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
On the server side, find the server->log->..->DBErr_PlayerCenter.log file.

In this file, you should be able to see a failed SQL statement, like the one below:

(5)23:12:34 DB Write Error UPDATE RoleData SET autobotcount = 0.000000e+00, bankcount = 300, bankmoney = 0, bodyc........

The issue is with weekinstance = CAST(0x0300000003000000030000000300000003000000 AS binary(20))

The number of bits set for this field in this table in the database is not enough. You can choose to modify this field in the database to varbinary(20), then manually execute this update SQL, and the problem should be resolved. It's best to also change the Phantom field type to varchar(1216).

I once encountered a situation where I couldn't enter the game, and this is how I resolved it. If your error is different from mine, please post the error message.
Nice! Appreciate you guys replying. However, I found that it was just easier to delete the character, it worked. I only changed the money on the first character and he was only level 5, so no big deal. I just know now not to ever change the money in the database.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use GM Tool to give your char money :D

I know this now, but at the time I was just scrolling through the database and seen it, then was like, hey why not? Well, now I know why not to mess with the money in the database :p

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
More than one thing can cause you to experience this, so let me tell you about my own experience:
1- First, check the health of your databases. Run DBCC CHECKDB('ROM_World') and see if it is healthy.
2- If it is solid, open a new acc outside that character and try it on it. If different characters do not have this problem, update all serials to 0 from the roledata part of the character you are having trouble with. but be careful, make sure you disconnect the character from the game, login should write false.
3- If none of these are working, check your database permissions.

Apart from these, I have not encountered this problem before, so when you do these, your problem will be solved.

If you get an exclamation mark in the first step, this is very troublesome, your database is faulty, you should fix it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
More than one thing can cause you to experience this, so let me tell you about my own experience:
1- First, check the health of your databases. Run DBCC CHECKDB('ROM_World') and see if it is healthy.
2- If it is solid, open a new acc outside that character and try it on it. If different characters do not have this problem, update all serials to 0 from the roledata part of the character you are having trouble with. but be careful, make sure you disconnect the character from the game, login should write false.
3- If none of these are working, check your database permissions.

Apart from these, I have not encountered this problem before, so when you do these, your problem will be solved.

If you get an exclamation mark in the first step, this is very troublesome, your database is faulty, you should fix it.

Thanks, but yes, I fixed it the same day. I made a new account and seen that it was the account and not the settings, game, client or database.

^^ I also explained all of this up top, but I guess you didn't see that or I wasn't clear enough...

Then, I deleted the main character and created a new one and it worked. So, I knew that it was the character. From there, I knew what I changed inside the database and it was the money. He had 17xx and I changed it to 50000 and that broke it. He was only lvl 5, so I just deleted it and restarted.

This game is set up much differently than any other private server that I've used so far... EQ1, AC1, SWG, Rappelz, Genshin Impact, TERA, Runes of Magic.... is what I can think right now. Each one is a bit different, but with those I could change whatever I wanted inside the database and with RoM it is more set up to use GM commands and nothing else, at least that is how it seems. I don't even see where or if I can change stats of items / etc...

So, I just stay out of the database and so far so good...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes it would probably be fixed if you reset the serials. My English is not very good, I may not have understood what was written. I'm glad you fixed the problem. If it happens to you again these are sure solutions <3

Upvote 0
Back