Car insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
Just wondering if any1 has recently renewed or got new car insurance from anywhere and feel they got a good deal?

I wanna get the cheapest poss as im kinda skint now lol.

Its for a 1.4 Vauxhall astra so far the cheapest ive found is 1.5k with Tesco.

Any1 know where i may find it a bit cheaper I would be most greatful!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
buy a motorcycle,

Reaction score
How is it really scam? Car insurance as will as most other insurances are a good thing. Sure you don't need it 99.9% of the time but when that 0.1% comes it pays for it all over a hundred folds.

Look at my mother for example. She had a major car accident 3 years ago. With out car insurance she would have to pay so much that it isn't funny. $5k for medical bills, $8k for car replacement, $2k for other people's medical bills, and $25k-50k (don't remember how much) for a law suit since she was the one who hit the guy. So for her paying $1k a year doesn't seem like much when that one accident would have cost her $40-60k.

And another example for how insurance helps a lot is medical. It costs my father $10k a year for health insurance. It may seem like a lot but with out it he would have went bankrupt. We would have to pay about $12k to $15k for medication alone (some of my mother's pills costs $200 per month for 30 bloody pills). And if that isn't bad enough a single hospital visit would tack on another $500 at least. And forget surgeries. My mother had to have about 10 surgeries in the last 7 years. Each one of the ranges from $5k-20k each. And lets not forget about my psychotic sister who has been in the mental institution twice in the last 2 years and each time it costed the insurance company $40k-80k.

So sure it does seem like a waist of money for insurance. But just keep in mind. You'll be safe once that unlucky 0.1% of the time happen to you and you need it. Granted it's bad to hit someone and send them to the hospital, but at least you don't have to be worried about being sued for it and loose everything you have.

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy poop. I only pay $216.93 a month. But, I've gotten a lot of deductions to lessen the cost. Still a lot for me though. This is just for liability insurance. My parents will pay for the rest of the coverage on my truck until I finish school (college) or find a better paying job.

Reaction score
Wow... My insurance is pretty cheap. Under $200 for the top of the line one. O.O

Pays to have a good driving record. :icon6:
My mother and sister has to pay about $300 a month and my dad is just over $200.

So damn much money. O.O
Good thing we know some cops or my sister would a have to pay even more as she has already gotten a speeding ticket and good thing she didn't got caught hitting this with her car has she has fucked up both of the sides of her car from hitting things. -.-

NoPeace - out

Reaction score
How is it really scam? Car insurance as will as most other insurances are a good thing. Sure you don't need it 99.9% of the time but when that 0.1% comes it pays for it all over a hundred folds.

Look at my mother for example. She had a major car accident 3 years ago. With out car insurance she would have to pay so much that it isn't funny. $5k for medical bills, $8k for car replacement, $2k for other people's medical bills, and $25k-50k (don't remember how much) for a law suit since she was the one who hit the guy. So for her paying $1k a year doesn't seem like much when that one accident would have cost her $40-60k.

And another example for how insurance helps a lot is medical. It costs my father $10k a year for health insurance. It may seem like a lot but with out it he would have went bankrupt. We would have to pay about $12k to $15k for medication alone (some of my mother's pills costs $200 per month for 30 bloody pills). And if that isn't bad enough a single hospital visit would tack on another $500 at least. And forget surgeries. My mother had to have about 10 surgeries in the last 7 years. Each one of the ranges from $5k-20k each. And lets not forget about my psychotic sister who has been in the mental institution twice in the last 2 years and each time it costed the insurance company $40k-80k.

So sure it does seem like a waist of money for insurance. But just keep in mind. You'll be safe once that unlucky 0.1% of the time happen to you and you need it. Granted it's bad to hit someone and send them to the hospital, but at least you don't have to be worried about being sued for it and loose everything you have.

NoPeace - out

It's a scam :p

Too tired to get into it atm. Just lucky(?) I can't drive anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back