• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[CentOS 7/8 Repack] Full Cabal Server Installation + CentOS SQL (Database) [Updated 2023]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

a little help? can't start the process of installing the server files for this error?!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Put cabal_ep8_repack.tar.gz into /root directory.

2. Run command:
Code:
tar xzvf cabal_ep8_repack.tar.gz

etc

it was already on the /root/ the thing is I removed all the ports from my router, haha, and had to put it all back again... keyword here is "PORTS"

but its totally fine already did a different kind of approach and had it working, thanks!

now on to updating it with XPASA's files,.. hehe,..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can technically use other versions of linux such as ubuntu. Aslong as it can run mssql(I hate that its not mysql tho) and has all the dependancies for the server files it will run just fine.

People use CentOS 7/8 however because alot of people feel its more "professional" for server stuff

Reaction score

Cabal package which is not public mainly doesn't really like ubuntu... i don't say that is impossible to make it work but by default it will not work...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
whomever created cabal had a stroke making it....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I’m sorry if i offended you, wasn’t my intention, was trying to offend the idiot who coded client side..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I’m sorry if i offended you, wasn’t my intention, was trying to offend the idiot who coded client side..

no no,.. haha,.. I was just imagining them having a stroke,..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
empty your mail and full I can't PM you anyway I use this en_sql_server_2019_developer_x64_dvd_baea4195

done cleared inbox,..

thanks brother! gonna search it now,.. and it is all the same as every other SQL versions of installation right?!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
same problem with this..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can anyone help me out. How can I login to SQL? I'm in Section 4 and out of nowhere It suddenly says to Login to SQL what will I input to login ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying that one but Its not working. so I'm really confused how I can continue on section 4 If I can't access SQL

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying that one but Its not working. so I'm really confused how I can continue on section 4 If I can't access SQL

SQL is ACCESSIBLE on your LOCAHOST you just need to input you USERNAME and PASSWORD that you have used when INSTALLING SQL SERVER...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey so I almost finished everything but somehow when I login and try to choose a channel I got disconnected

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its all good anyways its my first time being able to make a server work. thank you so much to everyone!. one last question is there any proper way to turn off the server so that when I'm not using it I can shut down my PC? and is there a way to open the server again without any error? thank you