Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements]

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
2,161
Reaction score
235

######################################
# Re-Opened as people still have questions regarding how  #
# to open/edit these files, and I'm still here to provide   #
# support and answer any questions.                       #
######################################


Ok, since the recent thread with the video with blue LGA's and a Blue Fire effect I have gotten 6 PM's on how to change it after i posted my white flames and many have posted asking for this so without any more waiting I guess I'll show how to do so.
__________________________________________________
Edit:
- Cleaned it up a bit.
- Added Gimp section and screens.
- Added direct links to the files needed.
- Added Vista thumbnail viewer.

__________________________________________________

First you will need the proper plugin for your graphic editing software, I will share 2 links to the most common (PS and GIMP)

- -

- -

- -

Also to make things a bit easier you will need a dds viewer so you can see the thumbnails as normal images.

- -

Simple Note: The thumbnail viewer does NOT work with vista, as it does not use thumbnails.

( May 15th, 2009 ) Edit: I have found a new thumbnail viewer that WILL work in vista for users having the problems with it.
-
- Make sure you download the right one for your computer x64/86 and you should be fine.

Now with those in hand and installed you are ready to start.
__________________________________________________

Secondly you need to find your texture folders, 4 of which are pretty easy to find.

One being, C:\Program Files\Gpotato\Flyff\SFX\Texture

The stuff in the SFX folder is as it sounds and focused towards the different effects.

The next folder are,

C:\Program Files\Gpotato\Flyff\Model\Texture
C:\Program Files\Gpotato\Flyff\Model\TextureLow
C:\Program Files\Gpotato\Flyff\Model\TextureMid

All of which hold the textures for your sets, be it CS or Class sets and weapons.

WIth the thumbnail viewer your files should now look like this:

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


Here you can see the files for your fire element effect, as well you can see that I have edited them to be white flames. which turn out to be, And yes, the little circles are the images to change for the actual weapon "glow"

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


( Download links removed because my brother deleted my mediafire account :< )
__________________________________________________


Photoshop

1. Right click and open the file you wish to edit, you should get this dialog box in which all you have to do is press ok.

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


2. Click on Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Hue/Saturation at the top ( or simply the half black and white circle -> Hue/Saturation ( In the layers window pane ))

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


3. Move the sliders till you get the desired color.

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


4. Save, and replace your originals and you're set to go.

__________________________________________________

GIMP

1. I'll asusme u have the plugin installed already so go ahead and open the dds u want to edit
2. On the top nav bar, click colors
3. Click hue + saturation
4. On the top slider, move it around till you get a color you like, and click OK
5. Save the dds, and if it gives you some error or soemthing, just click ok, it will work fine. -
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

6. Enjoy

Image tutorial for Gimp -

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums

-
Blackbox - Changing Texture colours [Ex.. Elements] - RaGEZONE Forums


__________________________________________________


That's all I'm going to show right now, should be enough to get people started in it. You can always go into more detail and recreate the effect all together, or replace it with another effect (example board trail with fire) and so on.


Credits:
- Me - Photoshop tutorial and screens
- Chanaz ( x16 ) - Gimp tutorial and screens



And yes, this is my first some what 'useful' contribution to this community, and only hope to bring more soon :3
 
Last edited:
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

You beat me to it, anyway you should put up the gimp version, or i can do that
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

You beat me to it, anyway you should put up the gimp version, or i can do that

I would have but I only have GIMP on my laptop and my brother has it atm :P

And I'm a bit to lazy to download it atm xD
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

yummy, this will make life soo much cooler. Do you know if this works on eFlyff, or just private servers so far? Also, this is just client-sided? No one else can see it but us?
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

yummy, this will make life soo much cooler. Do you know if this works on eFlyff, or just private servers so far? Also, this is just client-sided? No one else can see it but us?

Yes, it is client sided, and yes only you can see :P

And yes, you could use it for eFlyff, Just make sure to use the sunkist method to get passed the patcher patching them (not sure if it will or not without it)
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

Hmm, im too lazy to put up screenies right now so i'll just do text till i feel active.

GIMP

1. I'll asusme u have the plugin installed already so go ahead and open the dds u want to edit
2. On the top nav bar, click colors
3. Click hue + saturation
4. On the top slider, move it around till you get a color you like, and click OK
5. Save the dds, and if it gives you some error or soemthing, just click ok, it will work fine.
6. Enjoy
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

haha, I added that to my post if you get screen I'll add them in too :3



Still can't find the one for the set glow :(

-Plans to make completely white char-
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

screenies at


 
Last edited:
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

Ok, found the hand glow... i'm happy :0


EDIT: Ok I plan to have most colors of flames done in a bit, doing a bunch of the colors of the rainbow [ baby blue / dark blue / pink / yellow / red / orange / green / purple / etc...] And I'll upload them. :)
 
Last edited:
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

check my other post up there, i put up the links for the screenies
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

Not to offend but if you cant install gimp, you might have bigger problems editing the textures
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

check my other post up there, i put up the links for the screenies

I had troubles getting them to load, they were huge BMP images so I went ahead and used some of my own ^^
Still used your error image though, is the only one that loaded fully for me, i just resaved it as a jpg to load a bit faster.

how to instal gimp?

Click -

Install it and after you are done, download the plug in and stick it inside of: C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

And it's ready to go, Just right click your file you want and open it with gimp. (unless you have it set to automatically open with it, mine does with photoshop)


good release grrr i didnt want people to know how to do this... lol its kool tho


haha, I think people really wanted to know how from the reaction the other thread got, and I had gotten PM's to so I went ahead :P
 
Re: Changing Texture colours, example: elements

thank you , can you give me the plug in link i can't find it .

Added the direct download link in my original post ^^


lol i cant view thumbnails in windows vista haha

You can always try google, I'm sure theres one out there with DDS support and will work with x64 vista systems as the NVIDIA one does not :(
 
Back