Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Chat log converter

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This will convert your chat logs files into a human readable format. You will need to do several options. Once again, my idea, written by me and Angels and Demons admin.

1. Script to convert the chat logs for file reading and conversion.

Code:
sed -e 's/msg=//g' -e 's/src=//g' -e 's/chl=//g' -re 's/^.+chat ://g' -e 's/ Chat:/chat/g' -e 's/ Whisper:/whisper/g' -e 's/dst=//g' -e 's/fid=//g' -e 's/ Guild:/guild/g' /server/logs/world2.chat > /opt/lampp/htdocs/gmgold/chatlogs/chatlogs2.csv
sed -i -e 's/ /,/g' /opt/lampp/htdocs/chatlogs/chatlogs2.csv

2. Website to convert logs, you will need to truncate the log files every couple of days or it gets MASSIVE!

SQL structure
Code:
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 3.1.3.1
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jan 08, 2010 at 02:01 AM
-- Server version: 5.1.33
-- PHP Version: 5.2.9

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

SET AUTOCOMMIT=0;
START TRANSACTION;

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;

--
-- Database: `chatlogs`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `importedlogs`
--
-- Creation: Nov 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM
-- Last update: Dec 05, 2009 at 02:50 PM
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `importedlogs`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `importedlogs` (
  `type` text NOT NULL,
  `source` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `dest` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `chat` text NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=gbk;

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `translatedchat`
--
-- Creation: Nov 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM
-- Last update: Nov 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `translatedchat`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `translatedchat` (
  `type` text CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL,
  `source` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `dest` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `chat` text CHARACTER SET gb2312 NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=gbk;

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;

COMMIT;

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Humm... it's an old topic but, someone still had this archive?

thevisad said:
2. Website to convert logs, you will need to truncate the log files every couple of days or it gets MASSIVE!

I need it, plz^^

I have another one but seems to be corrupted or there are some wrong codes in the php script...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wanna create a chat plugin for pwAdmin, does anyone know how the message text is encoded? As you can see in the screenshot below, the messages send ingame seems to be encrypted :?:

thevisad - Chat log converter - RaGEZONE Forums

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is the tool i use for decode chat logs directly from the original log file because the PHP script from Visad doesn't work well for me... :/

Tool Base64 Decoder:

EDIT:
Hey ronny, the screen you show there is the "Live Chat" addon in your pwAdmin nightly 0.9 ? o_o

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is encoded in the base64

Jay thx alot, this saves me lot of time (never expect base64 encoding)

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

This is the tool i use for decode chat logs directly from the original log file because the PHP script from Visad doesn't work well for me... :/

Tool Base64 Decoder:

EDIT:
Hey ronny, the screen you show there is the "Live Chat" addon in your pwAdmin nightly 0.9 ? o_o

Yes its an example plugin for pwAdmin... maybe i'll release it tonight :drool:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ronny? Do you will add the work of 343 as an official addon for your pwAdmin? ^^

URL: http://forum.ragezone.com/5551666-post64.html

Because it's very usefull scripts but i get blank page after editing my serverctrl.jsp like he saids u_U. And i think it will better if you do it by yourself because it's your own project xD ...

Thx in advance.^^

Reaction score
Ronny? Do you will add the work of 343 as an official addon for your pwAdmin? ^^

URL: http://forum.ragezone.com/5551666-post64.html

Because it's very usefull scripts but i get blank page after editing my serverctrl.jsp like he saids u_U. And i think it will better if you do it by yourself because it's your own project xD ...

Thx in advance.^^

+ GM Shutdown will be added (or maybe it will replace the force stop)
+ Broadcast will be available in the LiveChat Plugin

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok ok.^^ It's amazing all the work you have done...

Others suggestions:
*Add the "forbid role" like the same module in the old iweb...
*Improved security for login into the pwAdmin panel

Login and password for pwadmin login are stored into a separated mysql database.

When a user want to enter in the pwadmin, the login script will verify if the login and password match wich the one that the user have entered.

I suggest to restore the certifcat system to get a secured data transfert between the browser of the user and the server... if is it possible with pwadmin?^^

Reaction score
Ok ok.^^ It's amazing all the work you have done...

Others suggestions:
*Add the "forbid role" like the same module in the old iweb...
*Improved security for login into the pwAdmin panel

Login and password for pwadmin login are stored into a separated mysql database.

When a user want to enter in the pwadmin, the login script will verify if the login and password match wich the one that the user have entered.

I suggest to restore the certifcat system to get a secured data transfert between the browser of the user and the server... if is it possible with pwadmin?^^

+ in my opinion the "forbid role" is useless for private servers, maybe somone of the community makes a "permission" plugin where you can forbid roles, accounts,...

+ login in mysql is a good idea, but requires that users create a table for this,... pwAdmin was designed to make setup easy, so i used a config file to store the password but i'll think about this, maybe i create a "auto config" in the future with guided setup :?:

+ hehe thats right certificates and standard ports are the highest security issue. When i change config of my pwAdmin to connect some private servers, i can access 30% of all private servers with the pwAdmin running on my home pc :scared:

Reaction score
+ hehe thats right certificates and standard ports are the highest security issue. When i change config of my pwAdmin to connect some private servers, i can access 30% of all private servers with the pwAdmin running on my home pc :scared:

lol, that means you can enter other PW Private Server database and edit the character's :drool:

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
with admin tools it is always best to run via localhost so the only way your going to access it is with a shell open.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
+ in my opinion the "forbid role" is useless for private servers, maybe somone of the community makes a "permission" plugin where you can forbid roles, accounts,...

+ login in mysql is a good idea, but requires that users create a table for this,... pwAdmin was designed to make setup easy, so i used a config file to store the password but i'll think about this, maybe i create a "auto config" in the future with guided setup :?:

1. Hmmmk... I will try to import the forbid module from iweb, so ... ^^"

2. Why an auto config? oO You can take the /twgm folder as an example for this part...^^ I like this login access system... =p

3. That why i suggest to make pwAdmin more secured... :/

Btw... nice work for the XML editor in pwadmin! xD I love it:eek:tt1:
I'll download your new release soon, because the LiveChat show encode base64 messages u_U lol x)

Thx for 343 for his release of shutdown server and broadcast message, too! Added to pwadmin plugin's folder :laugh:

Back