Chronicle 4 L2ClientDAT L2O 

Experienced Elementalist
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
289
Reaction score
1
This tool is only for people that know what to do with it. It can decode decrypted C4 dat files.
Enjoy.

It's chinese language but operation is intuitive.
 

Attachments

when you try to encrypte with those chinese verions txt files u get a nice protection error from L2.exe, seems like theres some difference between the US/CN/KOR version.
 
Last edited:
Twitchie said:
okay, this includes the text files and a translated l2cientdat.exe

Don't forget, this exe can only encode...
Would there happen to be more recent versions of these? Preferably ones in english as well? This program works fine for me, but the DAT's seem slightly different than the current C4 ones. (I noticed a couple of things missing from the armorgrp txt file, for instance.) Nothing big or important, but tiny little things tend to bug me the most, Heh!

Oh well.. If not.. How is progress going on C4 decoders? I can't seem to decode all of my DAT files with any current program I've found.. Some yes, not all though, namely the armorgrp, questname-e, skillname-e, sysstring-e, and weapongrp. I might have mixed a few up there, but yea, I think those are the ones causing me problems right now. Otherwise, if there are no current updates on that, is there anything I can do to edit those files easily right now while I wait? (Currently having to decrypt and hex changes into them, which is quite the slow and painful process.)

Oh and sorry for making my first post here full of questions.. I fully intend to stick around and help out if possible. A friend and I are currently working on new armor\clothing\weapons, and hopefully if we get all these DAT issues out of the way we can share them with the community here. (We're big on ideas, doubt we'll run out of stuff to do for quite awhile.)
 
Eliot said:
This tool is only for people that know what to do with it. It can decode decrypted C4 dat files.
Enjoy.

It's chinese language but operation is intuitive.

Can u link here for L2ClientDAT EN plz. I must decode questname-e.dat from C4. Or can anyone plz decode and post here questname-e.txt from C4

Sorry for my English :|

Here original questname-e.dat from C4
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, I'll see if I can talk to the creator of the L2ClientDat and ask him to release a full english version, also, are you sure questname-e.dat will not decode under the normal C3 Decoder? test it out and send me a reply, I will also test this myself if need be.

Also, don't use the actual chinese files unless your using the Chinese client >< files like itemname-e.dat can be decoded using the C3 L2ClientDat
 
Last edited:
Twitchie said:
Okay, I'll see if I can talk to the creator of the L2ClientDat and ask him to release a full english version, also, are you sure questname-e.dat will not decode under the normal C3 Decoder? test it out and send me a reply, I will also test this myself if need be.

Also, don't use the actual chinese files unless your using the Chinese client >< files like itemname-e.dat can be decoded using the C3 L2ClientDat
Don't use them unless I have the Chinese client? Heh, no problem there, I don't really "want" to anyway..

And yea, it doesn't decode questname-e correctly.. It starts too, then immediately closes for some reason.. The resulting file it makes is both too small, and a scrambled mess. This doesn't happen with the others.. (The ones that work, just work. The ones that don't, usually give an error.. This one just closes the application.)

As for getting an English version, that'd be great! Though as mentioned in my prior posts, these are C4 DAT's, so I am taking a shot in the dark and saying "that" is the problem, not the fact that the files are in different languages. Either way though, I'd love to see an update, so thanks.
 
Twitchie said:
are you sure questname-e.dat will not decode under the normal C3 Decoder? test it out and send me a reply, I will also test this myself if need be.

>< files like itemname-e.dat can be decoded using the C3 L2ClientDat

Yeah iam sure. itemname-e.dat correctly decoded by the C3 L2ClientDat but questname-e.dat NOT. And SkillName-e.dat also cant be decoded by C3 L2ClientDat. And maybe more files.. I dont test all. Then L2ClientDat need to fix T.T
 
Last edited:
the author already updated with english version txt files, but requires some respect point of their forum to download, i am trying to boost my points atm by answering questions on their forum w/o spamming them lol... i will upload latest version when i get hold of it.


don't u love having a chinese member on the forum? lol..


read the readme file first to aviod any compression error, theres an english part in the readme
 
Last edited:
ForeverBLuE said:
the author already updated with english version txt files, but requires some respect point of their forum to download, i am trying to boost my points atm by answering questions on their forum w/o spamming them lol... i will upload latest version when i get hold of it.


don't u love having a chinese member on the forum? lol..


read the readme file first to aviod any compression error, theres an english part in the readme

OMG ty a lot. This is all what i need. ty ^^
 
Last edited:
ForeverBLuE said:
the author already updated with english version txt files, but requires some respect point of their forum to download, i am trying to boost my points atm by answering questions on their forum w/o spamming them lol... i will upload latest version when i get hold of it.
I have two questions...

1. What do you use to decrypt files? Older (russian) wersion of L2ClientDat I have fails to decrypt etcitemgrp.dat
2. This version from the link above only has an option to encrypt files and it fails to do it :(
Every file I try - "Cannot open blahblah.txt file" when corresponding .txt IS in the same directory where L2CientDat resides.

What I am doing wrong?
 
Those txt files are decrypted already it included two chinese retail (cn and tw) and english retail C4 versions, the program is for encrypte only.

Edit thoses txt files as u wanted then use that program to encrypte them, after you used that tool use l2encdec with this commannd:

l2encdec -h 413 inputfilename.dat outputfile.dat

look in the forum for l2encdec links, they are everywhere.
 
Back