Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Client crash on purchase of any weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a little problem with the client (or Emulator) from the AlterEmu V5 topic.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f827/release-alteremu-v5-unfinished-chapter-1001084/

When I start up the client, log in, select server the server, go into the Item Store and buy any weapon of choice it instantly closes my warrock process without any errors.
I could however buy the 5th slot item.

Is this a problem on the client or the emulator?
Like, in the code it has all these checks and on all the Else it makes you disconnect but why would it end up there in the first way, no cheats were used...

(I'm pretty interested in the WR private server genre and would like to learn more, although with so many broken emulators and clients it's pretty tough to get a nice start)

221boy221 - Client crash on purchase of any weapon - RaGEZONE Forums

-- EDIT --

So I've logged all the else statements and it goes wrong here:

221boy221 - Client crash on purchase of any weapon - RaGEZONE Forums

Now I just gotta try and fix it :D

-- Edit 2 --

I commented it out and it all works now!
Maybe it wasn't wise for me to do so but I don't really know another way, it looks like it's just a check if the weapon has a legit weapon ID.

Requesting Close unless someone has another way to fix it without commenting our the If statement ;)
I'm here to learn after all.

Last edited:
Well, the database was build for a later client so the id's will not match. That's why it blocks it. All the ids in the tables are equal to the game id's but I've made a work around this in a different emulator since this is very update unfriendly.

Well, the database was build for a later client so the id's will not match. That's why it blocks it. All the ids in the tables are equal to the game id's but I've made a work around this in a different emulator since this is very update unfriendly.

Oh I see, That makes sense.
Btw, I thought the AlterEmu V5 was the latest / last version you were making.

Oh I see, That makes sense.
Btw, I thought the AlterEmu V5 was the latest / last version you were making.

It's the latest one I made but I've made personal 'fixes' to it a while ago since I figured out these bugs.
The goal was to make a decent server out of it but I never completed it since none really cares about WarRock and still if I finished it there is no point of hosting it. To make the story short private servers where great but due to the people who didn't know how to set-up one properly (look at the help section) it got a down hill because a lot of players no 'yell' and fight due the fact that the server is a c&p server. I don't like c&p server either if the owner doesn't want to improve it but let's talk about a real thing. You can't learn without c&p. It's how we humans learn. That's the reason why I support people in the help section. You can see at their attitude if they want to learn or not. If they don't I just ignore them (it sounds cruel but we have enough of those people).

It's the latest one I made but I've made personal 'fixes' to it a while ago since I figured out these bugs.
The goal was to make a decent server out of it but I never completed it since none really cares about WarRock and still if I finished it there is no point of hosting it. To make the story short private servers where great but due to the people who didn't know how to set-up one properly (look at the help section) it got a down hill because a lot of players no 'yell' and fight due the fact that the server is a c&p server. I don't like c&p server either if the owner doesn't want to improve it but let's talk about a real thing. You can't learn without c&p. It's how we humans learn. That's the reason why I support people in the help section. You can see at their attitude if they want to learn or not. If they don't I just ignore them (it sounds cruel but we have enough of those people).

I get what you mean, I see a lot of hate in the private server release threads.
There are still a lot of people who want to play on them though, including me to be honest.
But yeah the amount of fights over what server is better because this person got to copy more than the other one is annoying me, especially when they point out which things are 100% working while not being kind enough to help the ones in need who don't know how to get it to work, the ones that actually want to learn and work upon it.
Not to mention that almost everybody wants to earn money from it by selling premium.

Sorry for going Off-Topic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back