• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

client editing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
kinda stuck didnt know where else to look but the friendly peeps here at RZF,

i have been playing runescape (official) and have downloaded the official game client ( http://www.runescape.com/downloads/runescape.msi?261110 ) but when i was flicking through some of the files to remove the ad i either didnt find the right one or it seems to bug when removed has anyone found a way around this? if so could someone please tell me how to remove it (not upload a link to a fixed version0 as i would like to learn how to do this.

also wondering if it would be possible to use the official client to route people to a rs private server? if so also how would this be done?

also just realised that there is a windows version and a mac version of the client and i only linked the windows version so here is the link to the mac version ( http://www.runescape.com/downloads/runescape.dmg?261110 )

anyone who could help me with this would be a legend and forever be in my heart for helping me where i got stuck :p :peace:

Last edited:
right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what are you asking for?

The windows and mac versions of the game are the exact same... it's just a jar file. As for removing the ads, no idea, since we don't have to deal with them in private servers.

As for "routing them to a private server, all you do is de-compile the client and change the connecting address to a private address, then you make a server for it, which people do all the time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Windows version,
anyone who can correctly tell me how to remove this ad will get a like (i know its not that great but its the best i can offer at the moment)

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you intend to remove the advertisement on official runescape, I can tell you exactly how many days you're going to last before you're banned for using a modified client... Just disabling the ad is one thing, but you're going to have to bypass all the client checks that verify the integrity of the game client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Edit: apparently I was wrong, they've changed the client since the last time I looked at it, in which case I agree with what ghostsnyper said, you can't really change the client and connect to runescape without being banned, tampering with a client is never a good idea.

Back