Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Complete Tutorial - Convert everithing mesh/objects + 3ds MAX

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1st POST(16-11-2019)
Hello everyone,I've been wondering how the guys managed all to convert all traditional WarZ/ISS objects to Bombillo's AfterLife game.
Becouse they .sco are magic to me, I can open without any problems, all files, without exception.
Because with me, the following is happening,
I've used [Release] 3dsMax 2012 Skeleton Importer - RaGEZONE - MMO development community doesn't work for me.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f791/info-sco-mesh-export-import-924930/ 3ds Max 2012, installed all plugins correctly, but I don't understand how he gets the "import" optionand now its buggy to mee.
I'm using the following plugin: and when I try to open .sco from a standard warz most dont open....

But when I try to open the same file in AfterLife I can open it without any problems.

If I try to use this softwer https://forum.ragezone.com/f790/release-speedy-scb-obj-sco-1074248/ I lose all the features, materials of the object,Please, Someone, some of you who give me some lights.??

2nd POST(19-11-2019)
They really are the ones who started all this so that we could all learn something.
HERE:http://forum.ragezone.com/f792/req-tutorial-explanation-sco-scb-1014673
If Someone wants, can try that:

But here is the following,I realized that you can directly open the mesh by the .sco file use this plugin 3DS MAX (2012 - to -2019) try by yourself
1 --> This plugin:
2 --> Open a universal WarZ folder that has not been touched by anyone go to "\Data\ObjectsDepot" -->CTRL+F --> *.sco -->delete all files with that extension
3 --> download this program "RsBuild SCB to SCO"--> from there --> http://forum.ragezone.com/f790/release-warriorz-rsbuild-scb-sco-1162165/

execute RsBuild to generate all news sco files...
bff18129bd9edde6841df637a8b8c433 - Complete Tutorial - Convert everithing mesh/objects + 3ds MAX - RaGEZONE Forums

4--> open .sco on 3DS MAX -->Like that:
61c1832b41f313ee4b389bead6346cc0 - Complete Tutorial - Convert everithing mesh/objects + 3ds MAX - RaGEZONE Forums

Import a file you want.... A mesh to be specific
On this steps if you try render something, you just don't go far..
don't forget that NORMALS will be bugged/messy
Like that:
f2dd11faef6116da692a3522af71bd29 - Complete Tutorial - Convert everithing mesh/objects + 3ds MAX - RaGEZONE Forums
5 --> don't forget that NORMALS will be bugged/messy
FIX that: Right mouse -->Convert To:Convert to Editable Poly
and add new modifier list like this:
https://i.gyazo.com/73142dcf23683d439ff368fcac237364.png
Try To render that NOW ;)

4K render with 100% standard textures WARZ/ISS

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
GigaToni's release was buggy - i won't lie here, but tbh, it alowed me to get where i am right now - just required alot of patience to understand what you have to do xd

I never really used Sco import/export by Wucas

And InfestMS max-script is working perfectly, i really cannot understand why you can open Aftermath models but not Infestation models...
I just tested this on WarZ, Aftermath, Burstfire, Shattered Skies and Wild West online assets, works fine for me :S

Maybe you just instaled it wrong?

And about Speedy's converter 1.6 -> so what the problem of loosing materials? If you want to work with 3dsmax or really ANY 3d object editor / creation tool, you should know or learn how to attach materials / textures manualy :s (attaching a single texture to a model with giving a material name for exports takes 5 clicks of a mouse :s)

Also here is a tip for you.
Ignore or don't really bother to reworking converted sco's...

Whenever you convert a sco back to obj/fbx - or even import a sco / scb into a 3dsmax / blender - you are just getting into a mess.

Elements are mostly screwed, you got double the vertexes which is a paint to even work on it... Uv maps cannot be edited, you cannot even stich elements with uv editor... :/ (not even mentioning about re-rigging it)

Only time it is "worth" to import a sco into a 3dsmax is not to edit it, but to use a scale measure for new houses, gear.. or new weapons, thats all :s

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GigaToni's release was buggy - i won't lie here, but tbh, it alowed me to get where i am right now - just required alot of patience to understand what you have to do xd

I never really used Sco import/export by Wucas

And InfestMS max-script is working perfectly, i really cannot understand why you can open Aftermath models but not Infestation models...
I just tested this on WarZ, Aftermath, Burstfire, Shattered Skies and Wild West online assets, works fine for me :S

Maybe you just instaled it wrong?

And about Speedy's converter 1.6 -> so what the problem of loosing materials? If you want to work with 3dsmax or really ANY 3d object editor / creation tool, you should know or learn how to attach materials / textures manualy :s (attaching a single texture to a model with giving a material name for exports takes 5 clicks of a mouse :s)

Also here is a tip for you.
Ignore or don't really bother to reworking converted sco's...

Whenever you convert a sco back to obj/fbx - or even import a sco / scb into a 3dsmax / blender - you are just getting into a mess.

Elements are mostly screwed, you got double the vertexes which is a paint to even work on it... Uv maps cannot be edited, you cannot even stich elements with uv editor... :/ (not even mentioning about re-rigging it)

Only time it is "worth" to import a sco into a 3dsmax is not to edit it, but to use a scale measure for new houses, gear.. or new weapons, thats all :s
But as you were able to put the texture 100% in the same place ??...

How to put the texture in place depends on several factors, how many materials the object has, etc ...The .mat file dates some information specifying the textures of this material.My question is how do I put 100% textures in the same place as you did in SPOILER mentioned below

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
@OnlyHard
1) Simply select a model (or it's element if it has more than 1 texture / uv file)
2) Press "M" to open a texture / material window
3) make a standard material
4) add texture to the material
5) apply material to the model

thats all :S

Unless you got a texture flip option enabled on a speedy converted... then you are just loosing time

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello my friend, how do I save it later in 3ds max, with all the .dds textures that .mat asks for?

Upvote 0
Back