- Joined
- Oct 15, 2008
- Messages
- 2,898
- Reaction score
- 1,131
Firstly, I would like to ask if this is ok to be here. If not, please let me know and I will delete/move it to the appropriate section.
Well, Wednesday marked the beginning of the countdown for my sons' birth. My wife and I went to the O.B. for our weekly checkup. During the examination, the O.B. asked if Devon had been moving as much. My wife and I said no but that she had been getting quite a few pains associated with the baby dropping, so the O.B. sent us to the hospital to have a Non-Stress Test. When we got to the hospital, they hooked her up to a machine to monitor her and the baby for 20-30 minutes.
Halfway through, the on-call doctor asked if my wifes' water had broken yet. I said no. The reason they asked was because my wife was having contractions without knowing she was having them. :scared: I thought these kinda things were supposed to be unbelievably painful and whatnot?!?! So anyways, to quit the rambling... my wife was 1 cm dilated on Wednesday and the on-call doctor said she could theoretically have Devon any day now.
Last night we went for an hour and a half walk, with her power-walking the whole time (so proud of her lol) and tonight we walked for an hour at a normal pace while looking at the decorated houses. She also scrubbed the sh*t outta the floors in the house on her hands and knees so needless to say, I believe she's further along, possibly 3 cm dilated now! If so, she's officially into the second stage, which takes roughly 8-14 hours to go from second to third stage.
Sorry for the extreme wall of text, and thank you all that took the time to read it instead of td;lr. I'm extremely excited about this!!! If it is ok with the staff of this section, as well as the higher staff of RageZone, I'd appreciate it if I could have this thread open until he is born/a few days after he is born. You guys were kind enough to be there for my wedding, allowing me to keep a thread alive for it, as well as post a link to the live webcam feed of it. I'd really like to share this with you guys as well.
If allowed to keep this open, I will keep updating this daily with how she is feeling, how the pregnancy is progressing, etc etc.
OFF TOPIC: Please, no immature posts asking for nude pics or w/e of my wife before/during/after the birth.
Well, Wednesday marked the beginning of the countdown for my sons' birth. My wife and I went to the O.B. for our weekly checkup. During the examination, the O.B. asked if Devon had been moving as much. My wife and I said no but that she had been getting quite a few pains associated with the baby dropping, so the O.B. sent us to the hospital to have a Non-Stress Test. When we got to the hospital, they hooked her up to a machine to monitor her and the baby for 20-30 minutes.
Halfway through, the on-call doctor asked if my wifes' water had broken yet. I said no. The reason they asked was because my wife was having contractions without knowing she was having them. :scared: I thought these kinda things were supposed to be unbelievably painful and whatnot?!?! So anyways, to quit the rambling... my wife was 1 cm dilated on Wednesday and the on-call doctor said she could theoretically have Devon any day now.
Last night we went for an hour and a half walk, with her power-walking the whole time (so proud of her lol) and tonight we walked for an hour at a normal pace while looking at the decorated houses. She also scrubbed the sh*t outta the floors in the house on her hands and knees so needless to say, I believe she's further along, possibly 3 cm dilated now! If so, she's officially into the second stage, which takes roughly 8-14 hours to go from second to third stage.
Sorry for the extreme wall of text, and thank you all that took the time to read it instead of td;lr. I'm extremely excited about this!!! If it is ok with the staff of this section, as well as the higher staff of RageZone, I'd appreciate it if I could have this thread open until he is born/a few days after he is born. You guys were kind enough to be there for my wedding, allowing me to keep a thread alive for it, as well as post a link to the live webcam feed of it. I'd really like to share this with you guys as well.
If allowed to keep this open, I will keep updating this daily with how she is feeling, how the pregnancy is progressing, etc etc.
OFF TOPIC: Please, no immature posts asking for nude pics or w/e of my wife before/during/after the birth.

