Countdown to Devon's Birth

Yeah and I hopefully don't experience it till after marraige (hopefully not at all because I can't imagine it). I would've thought it would have had some bad side affects with her being already pregnant.

I remember when my sister was pregnant, my brother and law was running here there and everywhere to get her stuff because she wanted to eat everything. Have you been doing that?
 
Yeah and I hopefully don't experience it till after marraige (hopefully not at all because I can't imagine it). I would've thought it would have had some bad side affects with her being already pregnant.

I remember when my sister was pregnant, my brother and law was running here there and everywhere to get her stuff because she wanted to eat everything. Have you been doing that?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoh yes lol Just a few days ago, I had to run to the grocery store about 10 minutes before they closed (literally run) to get her some fresh pineapples. I have that website to blame because the second she saw the word "pineapple", she HAD to have some. It was even worse considering absolutely none of the employees spoke a word of English. I asked the produce guy if the pineapples were fresh. What does he do? Leads me over to the exit and says "fresh". lolwut? Btw... the exit was on the other side of the store so make sense of that. Another time I had to go get her beef gravy because she desperately wanted a poutine (typo?). Yea.... I'll be glad when this is over lmao. No though. In response to your comment about side effects. The only time sex is bad during pregnancy is if the mother is labeled as "high-risk". A doctor will always let you know if it is unsafe.
 
Last edited:
Another question. Is your wife scared of the birth? I know in health class, they showed up a statistics video of how a percentage of women are scared of the birth. Something to do with giant baby heads coming out of them.

She's more nervous than afraid. We talk about it almost everyday, to better understand how we both feel about the soon to be day. I think my mother in law described giving birth the best. It's like trying to squeeze a grapefruit through a rubber band the size of a cherry.
 
No news unfortunately. I've already told a few of my friends that I talk to everyday to come in this thread to let you guys know in case her water breaks or w/e because obviously I won't be able to post it lol. But yea, she's been having the odd contraction, but nothing major to show he's almost here :(
 
Well, still no action. We tried using Castor Oil yesterday, which is supposedly a sure thing (complete BS). She had a tablespoon and it did nothing, not even give her the runs. She took 2 tablespoons about 4 hours ago, so if this doesn't work, then all hope is lost I guess lol. He just doesn't want to come out! I don't blame him though. It's cold as hell the past couple days hehe xD
 
Well, still no action. We tried using Castor Oil yesterday, which is supposedly a sure thing (complete BS). She had a tablespoon and it did nothing, not even give her the runs. She took 2 tablespoons about 4 hours ago, so if this doesn't work, then all hope is lost I guess lol. He just doesn't want to come out! I don't blame him though. It's cold as hell the past couple days hehe xD

Try a nice bath and putting either a few drops of clary sage oil or bubble bath containing it. It gave me bad Braxton hicks once so it might help your wife with progressing labour. Some say that if some is massage on the back particularly around the area of the utreus can help too. That would be nice if you can do that for her. ^^
 
Last edited:
Clary sage oil... where do we get that? Also, isn't that risky? The doctor said baths are risky because if your water breaks, you won't feel it and it could cause infection if in the bath.

My midwife kept telling me baths are the best things for labour and helpped me a lot, I would have been dying if I wasn't allowed my bath during early labour O.O. Only thing you need to do is test the water, as it isn't good to have hot baths (lukewarm good) and make sure the water is clean.

Even when NOT in a bath her waters can breaks and she wouldn't know. As far as I am aware baths aren't risky. Only time it is risky is if she isn't full term, since she is, no real risk involved.

Clary sage oil is in most health stores around essential oils. ^^
 
Hey mate, I'm assuming there is still no sign of Devon? :P
Just think yourself lucky, I watched this program yesterday. This woman from Phoenix, AZ gave birth to sextuplets. :P

Nope, still no sign of Devon. Yes, given those odds, I do consider myself extremely lucky. I think I'd die of overjoy/depression if I had that many kids at once. lol There's no way I could support all of them.
 
Back