Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

cpu issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So my laptop (my old one not the one i had a Thread about before) is having he shits.

Its alwas at 100% cpu usage and overheats and lags every 3 seconds.
Processors causing this issue:
125.exe (32-50 cpu usaage)
X.exe (40-0 cpu ussage)
Winlogon.exe (90-99 cpu ussage)

I cant kill the firs o processors so im thinking i should reformat my computer.. but my cd drive doesnt work so is there a way to reformat without getting rid of the os (winxp) or can i install it via and external hard drive or something?

Please and thank you :)

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try Malwarebytes to remove those viruses from you computer ^^

I once had problem like that and Malwarebytes found the viruses and problem was fixed

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
used malware, and it works like a boss!

0-5% cpu usage :D

and thanks for the tip Rish :)

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Run msconfig...

Then go into Startup, and remove those instances from running. You installed something that is eating up the CPU. You should never need to reinstall windows just to cure a common user problem. Go through your startup and services.msc and double check all booting programs and get it back to basics.

In general, after I get done tuning up a computer, I can knock a good 30% ram/cpu usage in a heartbeat. I took my mothers old laptop that had been running for 5 years with vista on 1 gig ram, and got it all tuned up.. freed up 200 megs of memory usage, as well as cutting boot time down 20 seconds.

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Run msconfig...

Then go into Startup, and remove those instances from running. You installed something that is eating up the CPU. You should never need to reinstall windows just to cure a common user problem. Go through your startup and services.msc and double check all booting programs and get it back to basics.

In general, after I get done tuning up a computer, I can knock a good 30% ram/cpu usage in a heartbeat. I took my mothers old laptop that had been running for 5 years with vista on 1 gig ram, and got it all tuned up.. freed up 200 megs of memory usage, as well as cutting boot time down 20 seconds.

Like he already said, it was virus and the virus was deleted my Malwarebytes.

Darksta, Good that my way work'd fine and your computer is virusfree atm ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back