[CSS] Auto expand.

Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,382
Reaction score
236
Link: Not ads.
Class Info

Explaination:
It just couldn't expand automatically itself. Any ideas?

NubPro - [CSS] Auto expand. - RaGEZONE Forums

CSS codes:
NubPro - [CSS] Auto expand. - RaGEZONE Forums
 
If I remember correctly add say a <br style="clear:both;" /> after you do the copyright information down the bottom.

It may not be the correct way to do it but I'm pretty sure you missing a clear:both somewhere, try putting it in your copyright styling eg. (from what I gather);

Code:
#bg bgbottom text{
	[COLOR="Magenta"]clear:both;[/COLOR]
	text-align:center;
	padding-top:10px;
	color:#CCCCCC;
}

Also, I never used to do height:auto, not sure whether it's just me, but I just used to use min-height to cover the default box sizes (eg. that left hand side box) and it would automatically still go down.
 
Last edited:
I have never heard of tags like bgtop bgmiddle and bgbottom.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

..or mainbottom, mainmiddle

you might have more problems than just expanding

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

lol, there's more, you are just making up your own html synrtax, aren't you

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

and there's no need to float things left and right, you float one thing left, and the second you margin-left

but I give up on helping you, you are lacking the very very VERY basic html knowledge..
 
I have never heard of tags like bgtop bgmiddle and bgbottom.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

..or mainbottom, mainmiddle

you might have more problems than just expanding

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

lol, there's more, you are just making up your own html syntax, aren't you
Why can't I?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

and there's no need to float things left and right, you float one thing left, and the second you margin-left

but I give up on helping you, you are lacking the very very VERY basic html knowledge..
Mhm, maybe I should really recode all the css codes ==
 
I understand html and php but I prefer rolling around and messing with stuff.
Thanks for the information.
So does my dog, but she doesn't make up her own HTML tags :laugh:

Use DIVs.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What's your email?
If I have any issues, I might able to contact you.
^^
Come on, don't ask for personal contact info :8:

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I thought that was the new way to code HTML5 or whatever lol.
No, read this: A List Apart: Articles: Semantics in HTML 5 and some other questions about HTML5 answered: http://html5doctor.com/your-questions-13/

Maybe you were thinking of custom attributes? That's a good idea.

Custom tags, erm, not-so-much. That entails a lot more work for browsers to interpret them, search engines to properly spider them, new web developers on a project to figure out every tag, all the custom CSS and JavaScript that goes into making what ever tag- (some may be very complex)- So it's just a bad idea all around to use custom mark-up.

Custom attributes isn't so bad- it's actually necessary for making HTML more robust where id and class could not.
 
Last edited:
.. And IE6 to the pitfall..
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/semanticsinhtml5 said:
In fact, almost all browsers, including IE7, style the div with an attribute of structure, even if there is no such thing as the structure attribute! Sadly, our luck runs out there, as IE6 does not.
Referencing this valid CSS 2.1 declaration,
Code:
div[structure] {font-weight: bold}
for this (invalid) tag:
Code:
<div structure="header">
But as a developer, I feel obliged to kill support for IE6. Instead alerting users their 10 year (+1 month, +5 day) old browser is out of date, and use the "mobile", JavaScript-free version of the site for <=IE6 rather than a ton of hacks to make it work. Mobile version will work, and at the same time look ugly enough to make the user think about upgrading.

Therefore, we can *all start using custom attributes today (and could have started a while ago).

*Although it won't validate as standards-compliant mark-up by w3c. Additionally, finicky browsers require a custom DTD (or modification in doctype declaration) to avoid QUIRKS-mode, and if you want to be able to test for mark-up errors, you must use custom validators (such as Xerces) for your mark-up. Same requirements for custom tag-names apply for mark-up, but CSS standards permit custom attributes, unlike custom tag-names.
 
Last edited:
.. And IE6 to the pitfall..

Referencing this valid CSS 2.1 declaration,
Code:
div[structure] {font-weight: bold}
for this (invalid) tag:
Code:
<div structure="header">
But as a developer, I feel obliged to kill support for IE6. Instead alerting users their 10 year (+1 month, +5 day) old browser is out of date, and use the "mobile", JavaScript-free version of the site for <=IE6 rather than a ton of hacks to make it work. Mobile version will work, and at the same time look ugly enough to make the user think about upgrading.

Therefore, we can *all start using custom attributes today (and could have started a while ago).

*Although it won't validate as standards-compliant mark-up by w3c. Additionally, finicky browsers require a custom DTD (or modification in doctype declaration) to avoid QUIRKS-mode, and if you want to be able to test for mark-up errors, you must use custom validators (such as Xerces) for your mark-up. Same requirements for custom tag-names apply for mark-up, but CSS standards permit custom attributes, unlike custom tag-names.
Custom syntax fail?
 
If I understand you correctly, you are trying to expand the middle border vertically? Try to use overflow: hidden; attribute instead of height.
 
Back