- Joined
- Oct 28, 2010
- Messages
- 888
- Reaction score
- 115
Screenshot by Lightshot - This is the image of what I am creating.
I need the sidebar to go down 100% in height of the parent div tag. I have set min-height: 100% on the actual sidebar div but it doesn't seem to be working.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the HTML of the sidebar on the page.
This is the CSS
Thanks, Matt.
I need the sidebar to go down 100% in height of the parent div tag. I have set min-height: 100% on the actual sidebar div but it doesn't seem to be working.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the HTML of the sidebar on the page.
Code:
<div class="sidebar">
<div class="sidebar-panel">
<div class="sidebar-splitter"></div>
<div class="sidebar-header">Need Help?</div>
<div class="sidebar-content">
Post a ticket and one of our representatives will be deal with your problem when they are next available.
<a href="#ticket" class="post-ticket">Post a Ticket!</a>
</div>
<div class="sidebar-splitter-flip"></div>
</div>
<div class="sidebar-panel">
<div class="sidebar-splitter"></div>
<div class="sidebar-header">Recommend Us!</div>
<div class="sidebar-content">
Login to Recommend a friend and earn special offers!
<br /><a href="login.php" class="top-bar-login-button">Login</a>
</div>
</div>
<div class="sidebar-splitter-flip"></div>
<div class="sidebar-splitter"></div>
</div>
<div class="clear"></div>
This is the CSS
Code:
.sidebar {
background-color: #F4F4F4;
float: right;
width: 300px;
-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 5px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 5px;
border-top-right-radius: 5px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
text-align: center;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-color: #CCC;
height: 100%;
min-height: 100%;
}
.sidebar-panel {
}
.sidebar-header {
color: #666;
font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
text-transform: none;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 18px;
text-align: center;
padding: 5px;
margin: 0px;
}
.sidebar-content {
margin: 0px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #666;
padding: 5px;
font-size: 12px;
}
.sidebar-splitter {
background-image: url(../img/sidebar-spitter.jpg);
background-position: center top;
height: 17px;
width: 199px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
}
.sidebar-splitter-flip {
background-image: url(../img/sidebar-spitter-flip.jpg);
background-position: center top;
height: 17px;
width: 199px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
margin-top: 10px;
}
Thanks, Matt.
Last edited:

