Custom NPC Dialog

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
40
Reaction score
2
Alright, here's the deal. I need to create custom dialog for my NPC's. This includes text that is set to auto-appear on the map (the message bubbles), and text that appears when a character clicks on the NPC. I fiddled around with the server files, and have recently discovered that the entire Dialog folder is now obsolete, and does nothing for the current version of FlyFF (as of v15). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Alekian
 
Take a look how the NPC's work in worlddialog source. Do the same and for message
AddSay( line );

Line is added in worlddialog.txt

Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me. However, I'm not sure if I fully understand what exactly I'm supposed to do. I have located the WorldDialog.txt document in the Resource folder, but looking at it didn't seem to jog any ideas. Any chance you could elaborate a little on the instructions? Thanks!

-Alekian
 
Hey, thanks so much for getting back to me. However, I'm not sure if I fully understand what exactly I'm supposed to do. I have located the WorldDialog.txt document in the Resource folder, but looking at it didn't seem to jog any ideas. Any chance you could elaborate a little on the instructions? Thanks!

-Alekian

Heys, no what he means is the WorldDialog Source, not the .txt , on the source file you will notice how to add mroe lines using the Addsay("");

if you just want to change what they say and not add more dialogs, just change resclient.txt o something like that, you will find the current dialogs.
 
Heys, no what he means is the WorldDialog Source, not the .txt , on the source file you will notice how to add mroe lines using the Addsay("");

if you just want to change what they say and not add more dialogs, just change resclient.txt o something like that, you will find the current dialogs.

There you go , explanation of how to use.
PHP:
void CNpcScript::AddSay( DWORD szMsg )
{
	Say( szMsg );
}
Than after you understood what to do in the srcs you can easily switch to WorldDialog.txt (If i understood right). And than to the Character.inc and add the text there. :huh:
 
Back