Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dances Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
With this release of my projects I include a small README which I would appreciate if you took the time to read over.

You do not necessary have to read the following, but I would appreciate if you did. I think I speak for many when it comes right down to the heart of the matter. There are many reasons why I feel it is proper for me to take my leave and be done with MapleStory private server development in general. Of the things I do want to talk about entails RageZone as a part of the private server community. It is fairly apparent that RageZone plays a huge roles in this community, but I have seen as time goes on nothing has changed to make it a better place. I still see the same obstacles that plagued this section of growth from long ago. In regards to this, the community itself has essentially been perpetual for years on end. Now, you may ask why I say this. It is simple. The section lacks a clear path for what exactly it wishes to accomplish. All it serves to be is a trashcan for people seeking fame over the internet rather than a practice ground for a hobby they enjoy. Now, who is to blame for this? I would say both the members and the moderators are responsible for this stagnation. I am not going to point names out, but I do feel it is necessary to disclose that there is an on-going heavy bias in the moderation of RageZone that needs to be removed if the community wishes to progress. The members of RageZone are obviously not the brightest example of friendly, but I feel with proper guidance that can change.

I am also attaching this message to the archive in the event the thread gets deleted. I have a strong feeling it will.

Best of luck MapleStory private server community members, your friend,
Zygon/DancesWithOdin

Included within:
README.txt said:
-> JWzLib 2.0, the newest and final
build for the parser I initally wrote.
This build is special in the fact that
it was built from the ground up outside
of the previous build. It also has new
options that were not available in the
previously public build. Including,
mapped input and an option for being
thread-safe outside of using locks.

-> iSniffHer, a new packet sniffer
written by yours truely that I was
hoping to eventually expand so that
it would use a plugin system so it
would not be limited just to Maple.
It has integrated modes for Global
Maple Story as well as Combat Arms NA.
It also has an integrated analyzer
that can automatically guess packet
structures based upon Little Endian
organization patterns. It is not
completely reliable but it can help
when determining structures.
+ Important: The required native
libraries are included with the project,
however they are only valid for Windows
x64 users. The build I also wrote this
with is a tad outdated, but it still
works if you are using an x64 Windows
OS. Logging has also not been enabled
and a GUI also has not been created for
this sadly. Logging the packets should be
fairly simple overall. I would also like
to note that iSniffHer is unique not only
due it have x64 compatibility while being
based on Java, it does not break when the
packet load is increased. Meaning, it is
by the far the most reliable public tool
available for packet sniffing on MapleStory.

-> Invictus, a source engine I wrote
three times from the ground up and
never managed to finish. It is the
crowning jewel of this suite I offer
to you all. It is by far superior to
Odin-based sources in both performance
and memory usage. This was the project
I was hoping to complete fully before
I made my retirement announcement, but
nothing I can do now really. I hope
you appreciate what it has to offer and
make the progress I never managed to
make with it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Many people are retiring/quitting now. It seems it's time for the new generation to take the place. Although, so many people are noobs.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Many people are retiring/quitting now. It seems it's time for the new generation to take the place. Although, so many people are noobs.

New Generation? There is NO "New Generation".

The section has declined in so many ways. The only way people upgrade is if there's a public source that they can use. Maplestory Public Development is DEAD. By saying New Generation, you're implying that a new generation of developers are going to take over the Maplestory development section when reality it's not. There's too many moderators in this section that are biased, they close threads because they can and it doesn't allow normal discussions or any sort of discussion at all.

Again, by saying New generation, you're implying that there will be new developers. Sure thing!
It'll go from releases of sources to something like this,

PHP:
function start() {
	cm.sendOk ("Here's Gachapon.");
}

function action() {
	cm.dispose()
}

I do not see the development for this game growing, I see it declining.

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
Lol at the codes.Anyway new generation will not improve if the old coders are gone :'(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol at the codes.Anyway new generation will not improve if the old coders are gone :'(

I agree to some extent.

However, the "newer generation" isn't willing to learn. Everything was handed to them on a golden plate. They have all these resources yet all they do is take whatever they have, and they don't even BOTHER modifying ANY of it. Which is what gets me. No one bothers learning, no one bothers asking questions. When questions are asked, the moderators close the thread ???????????????????? What is the section coming to?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There will always be people that are wishing to learn.

But, I must agree with you. After I posted it, I knew it was false.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Without Brent's troll, my life is over. -sadface-

I don't want your release I want to marry you, but these are some nice stuff

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
IT'S ALRIGHT GUISE ILL FIX THIS.... BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL... I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Well that didn't fix poop.

Hey you didn't post with that tiny font. :D.
On Topic: Anyways, I don't get why people don't want to learn...Everything IS being spoon-fed..
I'm a noob myself so..You know. :/
People here make it seem like Learning is so hard that It's Impossible or something..
The only reason I'm have to spoon feed from others is because my damn computer can't get packets.
Just because of that I can't learn about packets.
So yeah I agree that the first generation is the ONLY generation.
Also, Thanks for the game engine. It seems very interesting..

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey you didn't post with that tiny font. :D.
On Topic: Anyways, I don't get why people don't want to learn...Everything IS being spoon-fed..
I'm a noob myself so..You know. :/
People here make it seem like Learning is so hard that It's Impossible or something..
The only reason I'm have to spoon feed from others is because my damn computer can't get packets.
Just because of that I can't learn about packets.
So yeah I agree that the first generation is the ONLY generation.
Also, Thanks for the game engine. It seems very interesting..
The moderator team stopped services + free help threads for a time period and encouraged everyone to learn step by step through tutorials..but it turned out into pandemonium.

Now people PREFER being spoon-fed and the tutorials only helped with setting up a basic server....There are some guides on how to update in the Tutorial section but everyone is too dam lazy to read it and learn themselves. There's nothing we can do...we tried but it didn't work

return null;
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's kinda sad to see you leaving, you're one of a few who was actually producing intelligent posts at times.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
>incomplete server emulator with great potential but much to be done
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone

Also, you should have licensed your code.

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
Please, don't quit. Ragezone can change to be better but only if people like you stay here and help others to understand things.
If people will remove one part from their releases then other people will start to learn and complete this part by theirselves.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most people don't really care how stuff works. but not so long after being spoon-fed, they will modify the codes to their desires. Is that kinda learning, isn't it?

By this point, they might give things back to the community, who knows.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Bye Zygon ;(

Wysyłane z mojego E15i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is really sad to hear.
People who actually know how stuff works are leaving.
I don't actually know how you feel, but i know from my point of view ragezone isn't what it should be.
It should be a open community with people writing tut's in that section, people helping the noobs in the help section.
I want to learn myself aswell but the lack of information on this forum makes it almost impossible.

The people that actually have knowledge with,(packets,ida analyzing, java) are seeing maplestory as a money making bussiness. (Selling sources, localhost's lol @ redirector v115 etc)
They ALL keep there knowledge for themself and underground the development goes on.
Ragezone is dead, actually it never was really alive.
And i'm in the MS scene since serpendiem and matze released there odin source.

Zygon thanks for this release and i wish you the best, i hope this sniffer of yours gives this community a boost.

Most people don't really care how stuff works. but not so long after being spoon-fed, they will modify the codes to their desires. Is that kinda learning, isn't it?

By this point, they might give things back to the community, who knows.

BTW this is completly shenanigans by saying most, some little kids are in this community that need the spoonfeed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is really sad to hear.
People who actually know how stuff works are leaving.
I don't actually know how you feel, but i know from my point of view ragezone isn't what it should be.
It should be a open community with people writing tut's in that section, people helping the noobs in the help section.
I want to learn myself aswell but the lack of information on this forum makes it almost impossible.

The people that actually have knowledge with,(packets,ida analyzing, java) are seeing maplestory as a money making bussiness. (Selling sources, localhost's lol @ redirector v115 etc)
They ALL keep there knowledge for themself and underground the development goes on.
Ragezone is dead, actually it never was really alive.
And i'm in the MS scene since serpendiem and matze released there odin source.

Zygon thanks for this release and i wish you the best, i hope this sniffer of yours gives this community a boost.

BTW this is completly shenanigans by saying most, some little kids are in this community that need the spoonfeed.
Most of people who are 'the little kids' :wink:, and what I was trying to say is spoon-feeding is another way to learn.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most of people who are 'the little kids' :wink:, and what I was trying to say is spoon-feeding is another way to learn.

Lol they won't learn. Spoonfeeding is just giving ''the little kids" what they want, by giving them what they need. Without actually understanding what they did.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New Generation? There is NO "New Generation".

The section has declined in so many ways. The only way people upgrade is if there's a public source that they can use. Maplestory Public Development is DEAD. By saying New Generation, you're implying that a new generation of developers are going to take over the Maplestory development section when reality it's not. There's too many moderators in this section that are biased, they close threads because they can and it doesn't allow normal discussions or any sort of discussion at all.

Again, by saying New generation, you're implying that there will be new developers. Sure thing!
It'll go from releases of sources to something like this,

PHP:
function start() {
	cm.sendOk ("Here's Gachapon.");
}

function action() {
	cm.dispose()
}

I do not see the development for this game growing, I see it declining.
Sorry for this abrupt response. I am fully aware of the fact that you are attempting to represent yourself as the so called new generation by demonstrating a simplistic and lacking sample of coding. Also, I do notice that you were acting with precipitance and carelessness. However, your mistakes really question me because even with such haste and carelessness a person who has familiarized and experience with the syntax of programming languages do not make these mistakes by heart. Just how you did not forget to include a period at the end of a sentence when you were composing your reply, but in your sample of code forget to include a semicolon really expresses your lack of comfort with the syntax. Certainly, YOU may be the new generation indeed.

These are the mistakes that really questioned me about your level of knowledge.

Above all, You forgot to put ; after calling the dispose() method. Additionally, JVM will not even execute the function action() because it has never been called. Therefore, the cm.dispose() statement would never run and cause the player to be stuck/bugged after clicking Ok from the NPC dialogue.

Please, this is an example of Ragezone's bad community. Why do people keep trying so hard to make themselves look superior and above new comers when they are the ones lacking as well. (ex. Yaseen)It's always the ones who cannot code who try to make themselves look beyond everyone else. We all are noobs, there is always more for people to learn. Lets not associate people with ranks. "new generation"? We are all new generation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back