Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dark Interface v 0.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Decided to just take a few things from the interface. I love the login, but how would I make it so that it zooms in before you login? Because now I login and it just zooms to the statue and not the character.

Change the source to go to the next camera position listed in the XML of course.

Lol it rhymed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wukas your problems with the light maps is that you have multiple faces with more than 4 vertex,what i mean is that you have faces formed by 5/7/10 vertex, in case you did not know when you export a design to the format". Rs/elu/fbx" 3dstudio divides the faces formed by 4 vertex to 2 sides of 3 vertices (It separate a square face to 2 triangle faces), these are called assents which the mwe uses to calculate and generate the light mapping.

if your getting black faces when light mapping it means that you have a faces formed by 5/7/10 vertex so the 3dmax ain't able to convert it into assents witch gives you collision/light mapping problems it's ok to form faces from: 3/4/6/8 vertex because the 3dmax is able to convert it into assent.

You may check this by de-activating the option: edge only, if the 3dmax in unable to separate the faces into triangles it means that part gonna give you troubles either in collision or light mapping
example:
Wucas - Dark Interface v 0.1.7 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wukas your problems with the light maps is that you have multiple faces with more than 4 vertex,what i mean is that you have faces formed by 5/7/10 vertex, in case you did not know when you export a design to the format". Rs/elu/fbx" 3dstudio divides the faces formed by 4 vertex to 2 sides of 3 vertices (It separate a square face to 2 triangle faces), these are called assents which the mwe uses to calculate and generate the light mapping.

if your getting black faces when light mapping it means that you have a faces formed by 5/7/10 vertex so the 3dmax ain't able to convert it into assents witch gives you collision/light mapping problems it's ok to form faces from: 3/4/6/8 vertex because the 3dmax is able to convert it into assent.

You may check this by de-activating the option: edge only, if the 3dmax in unable to separate the faces into triangles it means that part gonna give you troubles either in collision or light mapping
example:
Wucas - Dark Interface v 0.1.7 - RaGEZONE Forums

I converted imported material back into quads on import though, wouldnt that solve the problem?

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if they're poly and haven't doble faces/vertex yeah
Well that is one of the many things I attempted and it didnt work. The reason I triangulated on this version you see here is to see the difference between quads/ tris on export: there was none.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah, that looks like a problem with bitmap alias, seeing that no png is loaded that used bitmap alias.

In login frame, you will have to change server select so it works for servers that have it enabled.

Code:
<SERVERVIEW item="SelectedServer" parent="LoginFrame">
<BOUNDS>
<X>-1</X>
<Y>-1</Y>
<W>0</W>
<H>0</H>
</BOUNDS>
<VISIBLE>false</VISIBLE>
</SERVERVIEW>
to something like

Code:
<SERVERVIEW item="SelectedServer" parent="LoginFrame">
<BOUNDS>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<W>200</W>
<H>300</H>
</BOUNDS>
<VISIBLE>true</VISIBLE>
</SERVERVIEW>
... I honestly am just guest-i-mating where taht will land, you will have to change the location of this box yourself.

Im Noob i dont know how to put it please teach me how to do this?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im Noob i dont know how to put it please teach me how to do this?

Erm, not that hard tbh, open login.xml located in default.mrs, search for SelectedServer and find this <VISIBLE>false</VISIBLE> and simply change false to true.

Reaction score
Erm, not that hard tbh, open login.xml located in default.mrs, search for SelectedServer and find this <VISIBLE>false</VISIBLE> and simply change false to true.

Stop it, you're feeding them.

On topic, this interface makes me really want to start a dev server for myself again, but Gunz2 has got me wrapped around a tree with it's horrible ways.

You've blown away the scene again, Wucas!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well that is one of the many things I attempted and it didnt work. The reason I triangulated on this version you see here is to see the difference between quads/ tris on export: there was none.

i'ven't look at ur max files because i don't have 3dmax on my pc xd.
but you may try using this settings on mwe it gives you a similar Light mapping that you can get in 3ds/Blender

Max size: 128
min size: 4
Super Sample: 2
Tolerance: 1

re-read my 1st reply.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice work, I can't believe DG are not going to use this...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh duck that great contribution, although

Problem! :S

I have this little problem with the login, so the selection of pj does not really matter because the problem in the model, but not because it has that movement starts reaches the statue and restart, then I logeo and can only stuck there: S

as I can fix that please? hey been trying almost three hours on that: S

ise and the tutorial's login moving and nothing stays the same.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
oh duck that great contribution, although

Problem! :S

I have this little problem with the login, so the selection of pj does not really matter because the problem in the model, but not because it has that movement starts reaches the statue and restart, then I logeo and can only stuck there: S

as I can fix that please? hey been trying almost three hours on that: S

ise and the tutorial's login moving and nothing stays the same.

Thats a coding adjustment. In your source it goes from camera 1 to camera 2 and restarts. In DG source it went from camera 1 to 2 (stop) then 3 to 4 (stop).

Basically, this isn't a problem with anything I have made, but a problem completely on your side of things.

Reaction score
how can someone not use this

well now that it's released i wouldn't but

rly dg rly
rly
rly
rly

i like this
u dont giv a poop if i like this or not but i like this ya

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pretty annoying that DuelT is missing...

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
pretty annoying that DuelT is missing...

You have the PSDs to the whole interface lol, making 2 frames when I gave you 2 dozen shouldnt be too hard bro.

Comments like this are what is "pretty annoying".

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this, i just added this to my client and changed a couple things in the XML's and so far its running good. All i need is to fix the Clan, Friends and Players tab, which is source related and so far i cant find the relevent block to fix it, i gathered its in ZPlayerListBox.cpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back