Darkeden server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Server files
u need vmware workstation 6.5 to run this, it's allready packed so all u do is run the file and change the ip, when running server
1) login id root
2) password 123456 ( shows as nothing)
3) ./start or ./stop for server on and off


ps, im new here so i'm sorry for posting this in this thread, lets hope the admin makes a section for this on , tut's, and making sql items
 
Last edited:
This is the REAL DEAL guys, go for it.
I've been using these files for like one week now, they are not really old. DE-E like.

I'm posting here the documentation I've created for it so far.
There is some information in the file itself, but it's in chinese and it's rather confusing anyway.

Have fun :)

--EDIT:
Forgot to mention, it works with DE-E client too. So you can see everything in english xD
 
Last edited:
Awesome let the flood of DarkEden servers begin!

BTW bloody you're working on the client end of things right? I mean you have the client source code (?)
If at all possible do speed the character movements up
lol that's my only 'grief' about DE...
I mean vampires are supposed to be fast as hell right?
It seems like they're swimming through peanut butter when playing the game though....
That or I just never stuck it out long enough in the game lols~

Cool anyways

Thank you China !!! :)
 
Awesome let the flood of DarkEden servers begin!

BTW bloody you're working on the client end of things right? I mean you have the client source code (?)
If at all possible do speed the character movements up
lol that's my only 'grief' about DE...
I mean vampires are supposed to be fast as hell right?
It seems like they're swimming through peanut butter when playing the game though....
That or I just never stuck it out long enough in the game lols~

Cool anyways

Thank you China !!! :)
Hehe, no I don't have the source code for this version of the client, it would take a hella amount of work to update that old source to work with this server.
You would have to modify the client binary for that, since we don't really have the source code.
Sorry about this ^.^

Btw, it's really easy to setup once you get used to it.
You just need to setup VMWare's nat correctly, then run 'netconfig' on vmware and setup the ips correctly.
Then configuring the ips in /home/darkeden/vs/conf/excel96-*
Then configure the ips in the Database: WorldDBInfo and GameServerInfo

The client that comes with the server works but I prefer using DE-E's client since it is all in english.

Later.
 
i tryed useing the english client, wouldent open up, so i installed the info folder, to my dk2 file, and run great, only problem i had was when i was useing gm codes, like *ghost, the game would crash...TT
 
i tryed useing the english client, wouldent open up, so i installed the info folder, to my dk2 file, and run great, only problem i had was when i was useing gm codes, like *ghost, the game would crash...TT

Hmm, I had no problems with it. You just really need to configure data/info/ServerInfo.inf to point to your server's ip.
The sequence of the ports is: 99*** 9800 and 9900.

Then just start the client with a batch file with something like:
Win:
darkeden.exe 0000000001
Fullscreen:
darkeden.exe 0000000002

Later.

---EDIT:
Forgot to mention, DE-E version needs to be 2.35, check your version.dat it needs to be exactly like that.
 
HOHO~ glad u like it, i just hope we can get a section for theese files, an it's develemant, 88, as for your Q shadow, i use both "bat"
just wount let me use commands with english patch also when i use bat file in de Ex file it dont open
 
:O I wanted to do it. but you go ahead since your downloads and stuff is already done :P
Do you know of any cracks/keygens that work for the vmware workstation?
@Kekku I totally agree :D

Actually I do, and it works on vmware 6.0.0 at least. If you want I can PM a few keys to you.

@ kekku I think less than 1 hour, but one never knows.

Later.
 
Back