• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

DB Restore file missing/ Other sql help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, the 219 files I find here are missing a couple of backup files. Character and another one. Could someone please share those with me? Secondly, I have other backups as well, but when I try to use them to restore, I get the 64 bit header length error in the database (its a backward compatibility issue. Caused because the DB used to create backup is higher than the server I am running which is sql server 2000)

I would REALLY appreciate some help on the following :

1.) I know we can use SQL 2008. The problems I am having is that A.) I am not able to enter server instance details (server name, server password, etc.) I think this is because I have residual files from a previous install. This is preventing me from creating a fresh install. So, How in the world am I to delete all the files from sql 2000? (even after uninstall of sql 2000 there are some files left)

2.) If I only install sql 2008, I cannot see the program that allows me to start my server, there is the managment studio, which is fine, but I cant seem to find the service manager for 2008

3.) If I can get sql 2008/2012 working with the service manager, I am sure I can use the backup files that I already have (there will be no compatibility issue)

BONUS : Anyone willing to teamviewer this with me will earn my never ending gratitude, and if you are in Bangalore, I will buy you some beers and we can chit chat about good old A3 days.

P.S : This is not for a commercial server. This is just so that I can run around the game and remember the old days

Much love,
Vikram

Back