Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

dbc2csv - csv2dbc

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
hello,
du you know a good programm to convert dbc to csv and back? i am using dbcutil, but i tryed 2 versions and both are making mistakes. i converted a dbc file from mangos/dbc to csv and back with it, and now mangos is getting an error when starting so i have to use the old file. i have also csv2dbc and dbc2csv but i dont know how to use them. do you know good programs that dont make mistakes or how to use the other ones???thx

edit: now i figured out how to work with csv2dbc and dbc2csv, but they are only progressing until row 25, the spell.dbc has thousands of rows so i need another program or am i doing something wrong?
 
Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
3,245
Reaction score
1,652
I use DBCUtil (got it from wowdev.org) to convert to and back, then I use CSVed to modify the resulting csv's.
 
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
i am using the same but its producing errors in the spell.dbc. CSVed is working very well but the converting is wrong. the files must also have a big size because smaller files will not be converted. the funny thing is, mangos works well with ne new spell.dbc, just the client crashes. i tried the following:
i extracted the spell.dbc from dbc.mpq and packed it into my patch-4.mpq. everything works well, but new spells certainly dont work.
then i extracted the spell.dbc from dbc.mpq,converted it to spell.dbc.csv using dbcutil, then converted it back to spell.dbc and packed it into my patch-4.mpq.i edited nothing in the spell.dbc, i just converted it. but now wow crashes.why? it must be dbcutil.

the message:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Programme\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:0064A3D0

The instruction at "0x0064A3D0" referenced memory at "0x06848E84".
The memory could not be "read".
 
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
do you use winxp with servicepack 2?i know this error from sp2...
edit: checked it. DBCUtil does make the files smaller. 0.000000 becomes 0, -1.#QNAN0 becomes -1. the only programm i found that converts a dbc to csv the right way is dbctocsv-converter, but i dont know how to convert it back.
 
Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
3,245
Reaction score
1,652
Yeah, I use sp2... What are you using to create your MPQs?
 
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
certainly mywarcraftstudio :). the newest version i could get from wowdev.
in the last 10minutes i tried an older verison of DBCUtil, it creates .dbc's with the same size but at the bottom of these files there are plenty of rows just filled with plenty of numbers that dont have a sense, so wow gives a new error...so i deleted these rows with a dbceditor but now spells are ingame a little bit buggy...they have the wrong description and so on, but they work (I think, wow doesnt crash)
 
Banned
Banned
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
3,245
Reaction score
1,652
hmm, are you adding new spells, or editing existing ones? If you're adding new ones, it would be best for you to copy an already existing spell, insert it into a new row, then edit it as desired. That way, you don't skip any data, so you should have no problems.
 
Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
oh i dont know every column so i just cloned existing spells and edited them. but i have solved the problem. dont ask me why, i repeat, dont ask me why it is working^^.i have to convert the original spell.dbc to csv using the OLD version of DBCUtil, and after editing the spell.csv, i have to convert it to dbc again using the NEW version of DBCUtil. dont ask me why the new version is not able to convert the dbc correct to csv. the problem is, the custom enchants still dont work...i think its hardcoded that for example an enchant for bracers can only be performed on bracers...i changed the required itemtypes and the required reagents but wow still needs old reagents an bracers^^. and only if you try it directly from the spellbook, using item with the spell on it just change the cursor but rightclicking on other items change nothing...tomorrow, ill try something new...
 
Back
Top