Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Dev] Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because there is a v62 client with mac support xD

This. Exactly. Just because the original MapleStory wasn't compatible with non-Windows systems, doesn't mean private servers are unable to make it compatible. Therefore, I don't think it's that outrageous of a request to ask the same be done for this patcher if possible/if the developer is willing.

Reaction score
This. Exactly. Just because the original MapleStory wasn't compatible with non-Windows systems, doesn't mean private servers are unable to make it compatible. Therefore, I don't think it's that outrageous of a request to ask the same be done for this patcher if possible/if the developer is willing.
I don't think it worth the amount of work and time to make it compatible with other OSs..
Since only v0.62 is compatible with Mac and you can't really "edit" the clients (of other versions) to work on Mac as well, it doesn't worth it.
To make another MS version to work on Mac, you'll need to code your own client, which there are only 5 people in this community whom are able to do that but it will take them a year+, completely doesn't worth it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why exactly do other versions like v75 v83 v97 not work on MAC or in a wrapper? I've never used anything besides v62 but was curious if it's known why or it is just assumed.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that if you wanted a reference, you should check out Fiel's NXPatcher. He's got the source code under "Advanced - Patch it yourself" if you want to look it over. Pretty much just as a to reference to how Nexon's patch files are packaged, etc.

Back