Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] adding new features to old Education source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well since my internet has been down neary all the time for the last 2 weeks last night i got a bit bored and saw i had the old education source on a usb stick

some of the features added
working skill tree
spawn protection with aura
working vault
semi working groups ( still working on it)
unload clip
new guns and flash bangs and smokes along with some more warinc bits
added player count
foot step sounds

tonight im going to sit down and try and get cars working in it to

hope you like when i get my internet working right i will upload it and post a link up for it

here is a video that has taken 90mins just to upload

Studio 2014-06-18 19-28-58-734 - [Development] adding new features to old Education source - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Good luck, I enjoyed the code (other than the comments inside) since the first day they arrived.
Somewhere are the Updates 1-8 floating around (minus update 5 which was just a bad upload replaced by update 6)

Reaction score
thanks DNC
i had all 8 updates still as well on the usb i spent neary half the night just redoing the full api for the skill tree same as the database for the skilltree and runs very nice on windows 8 and 8.1 to with no crash's so far :)

tho this is a old source code i feel that so much can be done with it still as 2 days work and neary got everything that the allright source has apart from cars but thats tonights project lol

the foot step was a right pain to do tho as it was not keeping keeping in time down to some more changes needed in the WarZ_server
to test that i ended up copying the game over to my wifes laptop i set the game up on there and then just tp'ed her to me and got her to run around clearview when i was sitting in the back of med and was still hearing her walking from inside firestation :)

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
Your working on something that the "current" Community Edition is already built on bro.
I built it from Education.zip ;0)
Its why its called "RaGEZONE Community Edition! --> Rebirth of Education.zip <--"

The first 2 Releases of the Community Edition were built on what Yuri sent me. The WarZTH / DeathZ files.
WarZTH functions from the original 2 Releases were added into Education.zip.

Historical note: WarZTH is a derivative of AllRightSource. But all source on this site seem to be a derivative of Education.zip which is derived from Vusion's release.

***One exception. DeadZ was Pre-Vusion source code and they had it much longer. Made great headway in the process as well.

PS and more important than anything I've written.

I LOVE WHEN FAMILY GET INVOLVED TOGETHER. /hat_tip

Reaction score
i know mate but its just something for me to work on and to learn on so i get to know the in's and out's of the source more so then i can help more ragezone menbers :)

Reaction score
No no. By all means. I want to see many more people doing this.
I think it is very commendable and a great achievement when you do it yourself.
I apologize if that read poorly, I meant just so you were aware (just in case you didn't know)

But never would I discourage someone from spreading their wings and digging into code. :0)

Reaction score
No no. By all means. I want to see many more people doing this.
I think it is very commendable and a great achievement when you do it yourself.
I apologize if that read poorly, I meant just so you were aware (just in case you didn't know)

But never would I discourage someone from spreading their wings and digging into code. :0)
i know what you ment bro :)
i think its good if more we see more people doing this as then after they get to know the code there self there is so much that you can do to it as up into 5 months ago the only thing that i was able to do was setup a server but since then i have been looking more and more into the codes of sources and at one stage i had 11 sources on my pc as i wanted to see for my self the codeng for the features just to get more of a idea on how it all works and after getting used to c++ a lot more i feel more happy starting to wright my own bits of code

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Fps killer wait for my release it is full education with loads added I will not say what I have yet but I will be making a video on one of my special things I've added

Reaction score
Fps killer wait for my release it is full education with loads added I will not say what I have yet but I will be making a video on one of my special things I've added
will be good to see it :) im still adding more bits in just been giving some code from a leaked source what has lockboxs in so im just pulling the code apart and getting what i need from it :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Btw,

ItemDB (weapon) LS 90
Code:
        <Weapon itemID="101045" category="20" upgrade="1" FNAME="ASR_L85" >            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/ASR_L85.sco" AnimPrefix="ASR_L85" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="0"/>
            <MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />
            <HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/ASR_L85.dds"/> 
            <Store name="LS 90" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/ASR_L85.dds" desc="LS 90 is a variant assault weapon design that fires a 5.56 x 45 mm round using a gas-operated rotating bolt system. It is extremely accurate at medium ranges." LevelRequired="31"/>
            <PrimaryFire bullet="5.45" damage="30" immediate="true" mass="10" decay="80" speed="300" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="4" clipSize="30" reloadTime="2.5" activeReloadTick="0.43" rateOfFire="650" spread="2.1" recoil="5.0025" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101"  ScopeType="default"  ScopeZoom="0" />
            <Animation type="assault"/>
            <Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Assault/XM8" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload"/>
            <FPS IsFPS="1" i0="2001" i1="5001" i2="3001" i3="1001" i4="4001" i5="30100" i6="20100" i7="10100" i8="0" d0="400014" d1="400064" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400016" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0"/>
        </Weapon>
attachments \/
Code:
        <Attachment itemID="400064" type="1" SpecID="0" >            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/ATTM_Optic_Iron_L85.sco" MuzzleParticle="" FireSound="" ScopeAnim="" />
            <Store name="L90 Is" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/ATTM_Optic_Iron_L85.dds" desc="" LevelRequired="0" />
            <Upgrade damage="0" range="0" firerate="0" recoil="0" spread="0" clipsize="0" ScopeMag="0" ScopeType="default" />
        </Attachment>

Reaction score
Btw,

ItemDB (weapon) LS 90
Code:
        <Weapon itemID="101045" category="20" upgrade="1" FNAME="ASR_L85" >            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/ASR_L85.sco" AnimPrefix="ASR_L85" muzzlerOffset.x="0" muzzlerOffset.y="0" muzzlerOffset.z="0"/>
            <MuzzleModel file="muzzle_asr" />
            <HudIcon file="$Data/Weapons/HudIcons/ASR_L85.dds"/> 
            <Store name="LS 90" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/ASR_L85.dds" desc="LS 90 is a variant assault weapon design that fires a 5.56 x 45 mm round using a gas-operated rotating bolt system. It is extremely accurate at medium ranges." LevelRequired="31"/>
            <PrimaryFire bullet="5.45" damage="30" immediate="true" mass="10" decay="80" speed="300" area="0" delay="0" timeout="0" numShells="4" clipSize="30" reloadTime="2.5" activeReloadTick="0.43" rateOfFire="650" spread="2.1" recoil="5.0025" numgrenades="0" grenadename="asr_grenade" firemode="101"  ScopeType="default"  ScopeZoom="0" />
            <Animation type="assault"/>
            <Sound shoot="Sounds/NewWeapons/Assault/XM8" reload="Sounds/Weapons/ASR/ASR_Generic_Reload"/>
            <FPS IsFPS="1" i0="2001" i1="5001" i2="3001" i3="1001" i4="4001" i5="30100" i6="20100" i7="10100" i8="0" d0="400014" d1="400064" d2="0" d3="0" d4="400016" d5="0" d6="0" d7="0" d8="0"/>
        </Weapon>
attachments \/
Code:
        <Attachment itemID="400064" type="1" SpecID="0" >            <Model file="Data/ObjectsDepot/Weapons/ATTM_Optic_Iron_L85.sco" MuzzleParticle="" FireSound="" ScopeAnim="" />
            <Store name="L90 Is" icon="$Data/Weapons/StoreIcons/ATTM_Optic_Iron_L85.dds" desc="" LevelRequired="0" />
            <Upgrade damage="0" range="0" firerate="0" recoil="0" spread="0" clipsize="0" ScopeMag="0" ScopeType="default" />
        </Attachment>

i know i had that :) but thanks for posting it up <3

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I should be releasing a video of some poop me and Grimm have and are gonna be in our servers

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, but .. I added LS 90 and do not see the trace of bullets. you know why?

Reaction score
are you useing the allright source or dncs new release source ?and is it all guns or just the ls 90 if its all guns and your useing the old allright source the fix is open particle.ccp and find

d3dc._SetStreamSource( 0, _instanceVB.Get(), 0, 0 );
r3dRenderer->SetStreamSourceFreq( 1, ( D3DSTREAMSOURCE_INSTANCEDATA | 1 )) ;
d3dc._SetStreamSource(1, _unifiedVB.Get(), _unifiedVBOffset, 0);

and change it to

d3dc._SetStreamSource( 0, _instanceVB.Get(), 0, sizeof(PARTICLE_INSTANCE) );
d3dc._SetStreamSource(1, _unifiedVB.Get(), _unifiedVBOffset, sizeof(PARTICLE_INDEX));

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the old DNC for my Server i added many Stuff. If you know how is this very Easy

Reaction score
I use the old DNC for my Server i added many Stuff. If you know how is this very Easy
yep it is easy if you know what your doing just added more bits in this morning and think i got the lockboxs now working as i can place them down just shut my servers down to see if they are saved tho as i have done it so when placed it acts as a permanent placed objective so is added to the map its self just going to do some more tests now

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
are you useing the allright source or dncs new release source ?and is it all guns or just the ls 90 if its all guns and your useing the old allright source the fix is open particle.ccp and find

d3dc._SetStreamSource( 0, _instanceVB.Get(), 0, 0 );
d3dc._SetStreamSource(1, _unifiedVB.Get(), _unifiedVBOffset, 0);

and change it to

d3dc._SetStreamSource( 0, _instanceVB.Get(), 0, sizeof(PARTICLE_INSTANCE) );
d3dc._SetStreamSource(1, _unifiedVB.Get(), _unifiedVBOffset, sizeof(PARTICLE_INDEX));

I'm using the latest DNC source and other weapons have trace bullets, there's no only on the LS 90 and all weapons of WarInc.
And I do not understand why, and for this reason I can not add these weapons on my server. I checked ItemsDB, AmmoDB, Animation List, all the data files and anm files. all things right.

I understand that this thread is not to help, and I apologize for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back