Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development]AionCF - Server Emulator based on C# .Net 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
some days ago I've started to develop this server emulator in c#, to train my developer skills. :thumbup:
Since there are just a Java emu and a closed source c++ emu, I've wonder how the request is for a not Java based open source project.
The best were to wait for client version 2.0.

Progress:
Code:
Client Version 1.5.1.10 (later 2.0)
Loginserver 90% done.
GameServer 1% done.
Inter Server Connection 90% done.

If there enough requests i will start a open source project for this.

Here is a screen what I've got so far.

Thanks to:
project for the packet structure and opcodes

ps: The server should be a lot faster than the java emulator and should also run on linux machine with mono

shark00n - [Development]AionCF - Server Emulator based on C# .Net 2.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

Uploaded with

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sounds like a great plan man, keep it up!

shark00n - [Development]AionCF - Server Emulator based on C# .Net 2.0 - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
I'd say go for it!
Aion Unique is a Java emulator and even though the binaries dont use much memory...Java does.
I prefer C# emulators too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi shark00n, first of all great job on trying to develop your developing skills in c++ language, i wish i know a little something about it as well...i know its off topic, hell might as well shoot for the moon. since we have aion cores already, you think you can work on developing Guild Wars servers instead? ive searched around internet and to no avail...also, if you need any help or assistance by any chance please let me know, for id love to see our commnunity have a guild wars server since we dont have one.

and for your aion server, go for it! knowledge is power :)

many thanks from voltez01

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure, a lot of people should be interested.
Anyways, some advises.
Upgrade to 3.5 or 4.0, trust me it's much more better.
Use .NET IPC for Auth <-> World. Featuring a secure channel for communication, it's the way to go !
I hope it's become a large project!

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Sure, a lot of people should be interested.
Anyways, some advises.
Upgrade to 3.5 or 4.0, trust me it's much more better.
Use .NET IPC for Auth <-> World. Featuring a secure channel for communication, it's the way to go !
I hope it's become a large project!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies:):
i know that 3.5 or 4.0 are better but i use 2.0 because it is highest version supported by .
.NET IPC is only for processes running on the same machine, the current solution is more flexible, it shouldn't be a problem to build in a cryption.

Sorry this week was no progress, but i have my exams.:8:

greetings Shark00n

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No:) .NET IPC provides channels to share objects through network, not process. In fact, it's an easy to use tcp client/server with security in mind.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm programming on this project too.

If you want to get more information about it our homepage got finaly online!

mfg

RC

Reaction score
Hi! I´m computer programmer since 11 years, and I have interest to help the development of this progjec. I have experience in .NET framework (C#) since his first release and also have experience in C++. There is only one thing that I don´t understand about the project is how did you know to do the comunication between client <--> server without having any documentation of the packages, rules from the game, etc.

I really like to help to do this project. It is a great Idea.

Reaction score
Hi! I´m computer programmer since 11 years, and I have interest to help the development of this progjec. I have experience in .NET framework (C#) since his first release and also have experience in C++. There is only one thing that I don´t understand about the project is how did you know to do the comunication between client <--> server without having any documentation of the packages, rules from the game, etc.

I really like to help to do this project. It is a great Idea.

I think i read somewhere they have given credit to aion-unique for all the packets structure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well Ethicks, the packet structure is all way the same so why shouldn't take a look at another project to save time^^ so you're right. But not every packets we got from them... (op codes, and the main structure only)

But we don't translate from java. We will create a Server client which will run perfectly under windows and linux, which don't need many hours to set up, but it will be a dynamic server that can easily expanded and don't need as much resources. The final one should run under a vserver with 1gb ram and 3g/hz. That will be our goal.

@przewodo
Well to get known of the communication you first begin to sniff packets. If the packets are send as raw format and there isn't any crypt then you begin to analyze the packets. First you look for the length, and other packet stuff that is always the same for the current project. The rest is only to analyze the content of the packets and their headers.
In this project for example aion send crypted packets. Which are crypted with the blowfishcrypter.

For further information please go to our Homepage.

We do our best to finish the first release as fast as possible.

mfg

rc

and for the replies which was given

the server now run under net framework 3.5 and 4.0
cause i got the job to translate the windows code in the mono environment (which currently not support 4.0 but already 3.5)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello there, you can try this one :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now well the website seems to be dead but only the time which was in the last days/weeks/month very very rar @ us stopped us...

We're at the moment a Team with 2 Developers. Our concentration is to build an emu which is stable runs under Linux. Which is almost fast and secure. The Aion Version we build for is the newest one.

We will talk about the projekt now again. And then we decide what to do. I think 2011 the projekt will finaly go open source.

More information i will give soon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
some good, some bad news

The good news are. We talked about the project. And it goes open Source definitely. I think we'll present you the release in the first week of the next Year.

The bad news are, after this we'll stop the developement because there are to many other things which have an much higher priority and also the very slow client piss off...

But we hope you will do the best out of it, we did it too.

mfg

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back