Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] NextMU Open Source

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
NextMU is a remake of the MU client, it will be developed to be initially compatible with the original S6E3 server.

It will be a high-quality client, fully optimized, flexible and ready to implement your own user interface.

[Platforms]
Windows: OK
Linux: Pending
MacOS: Pending
Android: OK
iOS: Pending

[Progress]
Terrain Loading: 100%
Terrain Attributes: 100%
Terrain Rendering: 100%
Mesh Rendering: 100%
Shadows: 0%
Camera: 30%
Terrain Culling: 0%
Objects Culling: 0%
Sprites: 0%
Effects: 0%
Joints: 0%

More details will be added as the project progresses.

[Github]

[Binary]

[Streaming]
Hello guys! it has been a really long time since the last message, I wanted to wish you all happy new year and also wanted to bring a gift for you, go check the repository ( ) of NextMu, also here is something that you might require

Remember to join our discord
Bro, es increíble tu trabajo y te respeto mucho por eso, venía a hacer una pregunta por qué tenía un interés que me levanto una aplicación, que tengo para mí PSP es xash3d, un motor gráfico compatible con goldensource y es multiplataforma, literalmente puedes jugar half life 1 de inicio a fin desde tu PSP, y por lo que veo lo que buscas con este motor es potenciar el antiguo Mu Online y optimizarlo al máximo, igual como lo hicieron los de xash3d, con el código fuente que estás compartiendo, sería suficiente para poder portearse a un Play station portable? (Si alguien intenta hacerle un Port)

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Bro, es increíble tu trabajo y te respeto mucho por eso, venía a hacer una pregunta por qué tenía un interés que me levanto una aplicación, que tengo para mí PSP es xash3d, un motor gráfico compatible con goldensource y es multiplataforma, literalmente puedes jugar half life 1 de inicio a fin desde tu PSP, y por lo que veo lo que buscas con este motor es potenciar el antiguo Mu Online y optimizarlo al máximo, igual como lo hicieron los de xash3d, con el código fuente que estás compartiendo, sería suficiente para poder portearse a un Play station portable? (Si alguien intenta hacerle un Port)
en el caso de la PSP creo que no, porque la PSP creo que usan un API grafico especifico de Sony y nosotros usamos Diligent Engine que no tiene soporte para el mismo, pero si se puede modificar el codigo para otro motor grafico que lo soporte, tambien es tema de tener el SDK de la PSP y ver como hacer para instalarlo.

Otro limitante seria la libreria de NoesisGUI que no soporta la PSP, pero por ejemplo si se podria a futuro dar soporte a Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 y/o 5, Xbox One y demas, pero ya seria llevarlo a otro nivel.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
en el caso de la PSP creo que no, porque la PSP creo que usan un API grafico especifico de Sony y nosotros usamos Diligent Engine que no tiene soporte para el mismo, pero si se puede modificar el codigo para otro motor grafico que lo soporte, tambien es tema de tener el SDK de la PSP y ver como hacer para instalarlo.

Otro limitante seria la libreria de NoesisGUI que no soporta la PSP, pero por ejemplo si se podria a futuro dar soporte a Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 y/o 5, Xbox One y demas, pero ya seria llevarlo a otro nivel.
Increíble, muchas gracias por la info amigo, era justo lo que necesitaba saber, lo preguntaba mas que nada por mi amor al PSP y que mi juego favorito es el Mu online, aprecio y agradezco mucho lo que haces y espero el éxito para ti y para este proyecto, eres un grande nunca lo dudes

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does it mean, that we have two projects with custom client and server.
NextMU and OpenMU.

And in future all servers will use that server files?

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Does it mean, that we have two projects with custom client and server.
NextMU and OpenMU.

And in future all servers will use that server files?
NextMU is now Server and Client side, and the server side is based on Elion which means it has passive anti-hack features (architecture based) also has multiple benefits besides being wrotte in C++ and sharing same libraries as the client side.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
this project so cool i wanna ask can it possible to make 97D WİTH This project?
97D with modern tech and crossplatform wow can be good

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hola, podrias subir server files y client files compilados para usarlos? y tanbien una video guia de como se compilan estos files, gracias si no es molestia :)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you still coding. Whenever you finish this up, are you planning to code a server from scratch too so no one in the community needs to deal with badly coded code hackjobs and have a nice, clean base to learn from? (Yes, I'm dreaming, shh and let me dream, haha)

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Nice to see you still coding. Whenever you finish this up, are you planning to code a server from scratch too so no one in the community needs to deal with badly coded code hackjobs and have a nice, clean base to learn from? (Yes, I'm dreaming, shh and let me dream, haha)
It already includes server side, I am releasing Elion server with some modifications to simplify and make it better and faster so your dream has become true ;)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It already includes server side, I am releasing Elion server with some modifications to simplify and make it better and faster so your dream has become true ;)
Man, I'm excited to see that. I know C#, Java, Python and web languages, but no disassembly, hunting offsets, DLL injections, etc, like old server files needed to try and poke things into submission. It'll be awesome to see your server and how much more refined it is. It would be heavenly to just... you know, add custom quests, without having to hack things to pieces and assemble again :LOL:

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Man, I'm excited to see that. I know C#, Java, Python and web languages, but no disassembly, hunting offsets, DLL injections, etc, like old server files needed to try and poke things into submission. It'll be awesome to see your server and how much more refined it is. It would be heavenly to just... you know, add custom quests, without having to hack things to pieces and assemble again :LOL:
It will be a lot more easier than Webzen code, I understand what you mean because everyone had to suffer with that but that won't be a problem anymore :)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It will be a lot more easier than Webzen code, I understand what you mean because everyone had to suffer with that but that won't be a problem anymore :)
Is that going to be a paid thing or a community version with a paid side option where you've added more features? Like a lot of people, I understand paying for good work, but also that it's risky because of... well, the image from the past that the community gets, you know, where people infect files or just resell and other bad stuff? I mean I might pay if it's cheap enough... but subscriptions suck :cry: So I think I'd be more chasing a lite, thin free community version to try and learn from and just try and have fun learning through and try to help community with it etc.

Also, is it configured differently to not need manual ODBC entries and such? I'm interested in hearing more how you structured it and see the server and client run in these early stages. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Is that going to be a paid thing or a community version with a paid side option where you've added more features? Like a lot of people, I understand paying for good work, but also that it's risky because of... well, the image from the past that the community gets, you know, where people infect files or just resell and other bad stuff? I mean I might pay if it's cheap enough... but subscriptions suck :cry: So I think I'd be more chasing a lite, thin free community version to try and learn from and just try and have fun learning through and try to help community with it etc.

Also, is it configured differently to not need manual ODBC entries and such? I'm interested in hearing more how you structured it and see the server and client run in these early stages. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work.
It is free, it is an open source project, so don't worry, everyone will be able to compile by themselves the client and server, also I will provide clean compiled binaries for Windows and Linux, sadly I can't provide for MacOS, Android and iOS because it requires a license per server from Apple and Google and of course I can't share my developer credentials, it is against the platform agreement.

About ODBC, that won't exists anymore, except if someone add support for MSSQL, initially we are going to use MongoDB as database which is a NoSQL database and PostgreSQL which will be used for Keycloak which is an open source identity and access management solution like Auth0.

About the source code, you can check the repository ( ), and also if you want you can join our discord ( ), we accept donations through Buy me a Coffee ( ) but the project is completely free and as soon as I reach a new stage in the development I do a commit so everyone can compile it without issues.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It is free, it is an open source project, so don't worry, everyone will be able to compile by themselves the client and server, also I will provide clean compiled binaries for Windows and Linux, sadly I can't provide for MacOS, Android and iOS because it requires a license per server from Apple and Google and of course I can't share my developer credentials, it is against the platform agreement.

About ODBC, that won't exists anymore, except if someone add support for MSSQL, initially we are going to use MongoDB as database which is a NoSQL database and PostgreSQL which will be used for Keycloak which is an open source identity and access management solution like Auth0.

About the source code, you can check the repository ( ), and also if you want you can join our discord ( ), we accept donations through Buy me a Coffee ( ) but the project is completely free and as soon as I reach a new stage in the development I do a commit so everyone can compile it without issues.
You're awesome. Just joined the Discord. I'll grab the code and take a look. Love the mentality behind the project, sounds like what I like to do, except you're more competent at coding than I am and can actually get somewhere with it, haha!

Back