• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Development] RF 2.1.6 exploits/development

Status
Not open for further replies.
MentaL's Slave
Legend
Reaction score
as stated in this thread;

http://forum.ragezone.com/f479/rf-online-2-1-6-server-release-478059/

There are series of hacks that could and will crash the server, also you can dupe items and create as many as you want, as posted this requires work and time.

I am assembling a development team for the RF 2.1.6+ server development, which will include a antihack, and fixes towards the current public newest release, as I am not a programmer, I can give additional tips and support towards these issues, and hopefully we can figure out why and how to fix these issues, All development logs will be posted in this thread, and all fixes will be posted in thread.

Please as a reminder this thread is not for general chatter, it is for the development purposes of fixing and expanding the information about the current RF Online server release or releases, please stay on topic, and please post something of use in this thread, not doing so will lead to the post being deleted, or infracted.

UPDATE:
You can contact me on MSN at keith@gamingsync.com ONLY ADD ME IF YOU WANT TO HELP FIX THESE ISSUES or IRC at irc.ragezone.com, my name is Keith, or you can contact me irc.gamingsync.com - channel; #gamingsync

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: RF 2.1.6 exploits/development

If i recall correctly this was the version where upgrading past +5 cause the entire server to crash?(or something like that, i remember it was a major problem when i was playing official server anyways) I don't know whether or not you were aware of this so i figured it might be helpful, if this didn't help at all.. please just remove it.

I will be able to look into this more and help out more once i get my server all done setuped. (once i fix my sql problem)

Reaction score

If i recall correctly this was the version where upgrading past +5 cause the entire server to crash?(or something like that, i remember it was a major problem when i was playing official server anyways) I don't know whether or not you were aware of this so i figured it might be helpful, if this didn't help at all.. please just remove it.

I will be able to look into this more and help out more once i get my server all done setuped. (once i fix my sql problem)
It's fixed. All it was was missing text lines in the client. The client couldn't load up the text when a +6 item was made so it made the client crash, while the mass D/C's all at once in turn made the server crash.

It has been fixed already, along with the rank bug. (The one where when you get to level 51, your cpt rank resets to 1)

MentaL's Slave
Legend
Reaction score

It's fixed. All it was was missing text lines in the client. The client couldn't load up the text when a +6 item was made so it made the client crash, while the mass D/C's all at once in turn made the server crash.

It has been fixed already, along with the rank bug. (The one where when you get to level 51, your cpt rank resets to 1)

That was included server side, or is it already fixed client side, you said something about client side, maybe I'm not reading it right...

MentaL's Slave
Legend
Reaction score

Just saying they're both fixed. The rank bug was fixed with the Update 6 Rank.dat, purely server-side.

What about those crashing bugs, according to Botgod, you can mal form any packet and make the server crash. thats what I've been told anyway..

Also I've updated the topic so people can contact me and work on this issue off RZ.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You need packet-filter and a sniffer to track packets. When some packet crash the server - you add it to your black list... hard work, but works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

that's the most current rf_online.bin that don't use hackshield (before HS is implemented), but the mail is already disabled permanently by CCR, so there's no mail icon in game.

(could delete this one if you're concern about hacks, since it bypass hackshield completely)

list of GM codes (armor, acceessories, monsters, booty), since what you got in the .dat is korean, and i already translate it all using my editor.

i don't put gauntlet, upper, lower etc, since it's same as the helmet.

hope that helps.

ps:
for purelife, you tard!
i ain't giving you the updated editor again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

^
nothing, unless you're a RF developer that don't like do blind edits using only hex-editor and takes > 5 minutes just to change 1 parameter in 2.1.6 server files.

everything have a start to developing server files. start from know what you're editing, in language you know, in most of case _english_

unless you don't see the server files (while you should, since you're assembling developers for 2.1.6 to fix bugs etc), it's in native korean, and it does provides translations in korean, chinese, japanese, english, indonesian, russian, portuguese.

you're way to behind if you don't know that.

Reaction score

I might get a website set up for a server file site. Not to host a server, just to release repacks of the server files and clean everything up better.

Gonna talk to you on MSN about it, Keith. If anyone else is interested, drop me a PM. Fish, want to help? ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, that would be great.
We need to do a lot.. RF Online - is one big bug.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

@ron, maybe later, i'm still working on friend's game control panel, credit points and fixes - patches till tuesday 10/14

it just seems billcrux and billingserver are doing pull-push on it's own website and some of the stored procedures is encrypted, and in the end, we can't put credits in 2.1.6,unless we know how billcrux works.

regarding the the Premium Card and XMas Jade , the tooltip it have were lies, it don't include Exp Raise in the item effect. the only items that includes exp raise is the ircsa* one.

you have to add the parameters so it raises exp, and add the correct parameter for drop rate, so MAU will have correct drop, 5.0 value should do enough (1 flem give you almost 90% exp on level 1)

oh, and xmas jades, again, it got bugged (even in 2.1.5), one of the parameter (bUsableNormalAcc) is set to 0, so it don't work properly (cmiiw), you have to set it to 1 to get the full effects from it.

ps: i don't know how botgod's mods was, i use the unmodified korean server files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well as for BillCrux - I figured its work too, but didn't find any link with character/account of player. Have even ASP admin panel for BillCrux (Korean lang I think), but it miss lot of info...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well as for BillCrux - I figured its work too, but didn't find any link with character/account of player. Have even ASP admin panel for BillCrux (Korean lang I think), but it miss lot of info...

it sux, big time i say.
just dump it, spy the zone, billing account, and just remake the credit points, easier that way than have to ressurect that damn crux :/

Reaction score

@ron, maybe later, i'm still working on friend's game control panel, credit points and fixes - patches till tuesday 10/14

it just seems billcrux and billingserver are doing pull-push on it's own website and some of the stored procedures is encrypted, and in the end, we can't put credits in 2.1.6,unless we know how billcrux works.
I haven't really bothered with the in-game cash shop. The easiest way to get credits on your account is to make a web page like retail has to put credits on your account when you make a payment, but it isn't worth the trouble imo. Definitely something that can be done for a release though I wont use it myself.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

it sux, big time i say.
just dump it, spy the zone, billing account, and just remake the credit points, easier that way than have to ressurect that damn crux :/
Well, could you find out, what happens when player cilck "shop" button or enter game? There is no activity, even nothing in SQL Profiler! =_=
I'd like to make another table for credits, but at first we need to know, what queries Zone or Billing do to get cash amount of the character...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

LoL :)
1) Shared Old version of 2.1.6 Server. Some peoples already have it with HS.
2) I use Cash on my server since last good release of 2.1.5:) easy to make it work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back