• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

did i mess up my interview

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I wanna know in your opinion if i messed up my job interview today?I was very nervous and when they got the questions i think i messed up cause my brain was like a ball rollin down a hill...they asked me whats a DNS server and i couldnt think at the time and said its like a static ip address and then he asked me whats a proxy server and i said thats when one ip connects to another and then goes out to the net i am nervous now about the answer he is gonna give me..but he did say things look good but i know... people lie :(:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its always the first couple of interviews that mess up.
had about 5 interviews before getting a job

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im sure he will hire you for a bit and observe you

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha, you probably did man. Good luck.

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its always the first couple of interviews that mess up.
had about 5 interviews before getting a job

Atleast you get interviews! I apply for a job and i don't hear from them.. ever.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well maybe you shouldn't be applying for a job where they expect you to know things such as DNS servers but you don't...

They tend to question you about random computer related things to see how wide your knowledge of computers is. Like, if you know one unrelated things, you might know another unrelated things that might eventually become necessary in the future in the job.

Btk

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yeah could of been worse

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They tend to question you about random computer related things to see how wide your knowledge of computers is. Like, if you know one unrelated things, you might know another unrelated things that might eventually become necessary in the future in the job.

There's probing sure but applying for a technical job not knowing what DNS is probably a bad thing. I'd understand if they asked something like "how much do you know about configuring cisco devices" though it's not quite in the job description though having someone with experience doing that would be a bonus, etc, but.. everyone should know what DNS is.. :|...

Everyone visiting this website is using DNS in resolving forum.ragezone.com; technical incompetence in modern times is sad :(.

HAARP
Reaction score
If you don't know your stuff then why go for a job about stuff you don't know. You wouldn't expect someone who doesn't know anything about bones to try to get a job as an orthopedic, would you?

Back