[Discord] Impersonation Problems

Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
482
Somebody out there is using my name on RageZone as a means to cash in on scams. I keep getting private messages from potential victims asking if I'm some random discord user.. I'm not really sure how to handle this.

The problem is escalating worse every week, not getting better.

Is this happening to anyone else?
 
already happened with me, even a fake of myself already added on discord to offer jobs to me :lol:

( this user is fake, is not my discord )
zY48QpV - [Discord] Impersonation Problems - RaGEZONE Forums
 
  • Like
Reactions: DNC
We've had a few people in the ragezone discord mentioning this.

I'm not sure how these people get the users discord account, because these scammers are never in the RZ discord.
We keep telling them it's a scam, that you won't sell files and only contact people on the forum.

I hope not too many people get baited by these guys...
 
Somebody out there is using my name on RageZone as a means to cash in on scams. I keep getting private messages from potential victims asking if I'm some random discord user.. I'm not really sure how to handle this.
The problem is escalating worse every week, not getting better.

Is this happening to anyone else?

yes im the one reporting this issue because i almost got trans of fake s-p-n his claiming your name luckily i search for everything to look for your real discord but Bola said carefull of fake s-p-n so i ask the moderator to check for it

s-p-n - [Discord] Impersonation Problems - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Scamming is an unfortunate and ongoing problem. I wish there was an easy answer or solution. Problem is it isn't on Ragezone and happens all over in places we can't control.

The more known you are, probably the more of a target you become, unknowingly and without doing anything. Often you might never know.

I think the real problem is that people are willing to pay for server files. If you don't pay for server files, then you can't be scammed out of money buying server files.
 
Same. I was also told to add lastfun#8203 but on el*tepvpers from the user "yuantot" I assume he is the same person as Godsen on here.

I asked him on discord to send me a pm on here for verification and the only visit on my profile was from Godsen.

Some screenshots.
 
Same here! Godsen wrote me a PM to add lastfun#8203.
Asked him to send me a PM while I went through posts and found this.

Thanks for making this public!
 
already happened with me, even a fake of myself already added on discord to offer jobs to me :lol:

( this user is fake, is not my discord )
zY48QpV - [Discord] Impersonation Problems - RaGEZONE Forums

I think I have him as a friend in discord.



Scamming is an unfortunate and ongoing problem. I wish there was an easy answer or solution. Problem is it isn't on Ragezone and happens all over in places we can't control.

The more known you are, probably the more of a target you become, unknowingly and without doing anything. Often you might never know.

I think the real problem is that people are willing to pay for server files. If you don't pay for server files, then you can't be scammed out of money buying server files.

Just an addendum, people might impersonate not only for your money, albeit not seen before in this forum (I believe), they may be also targetting to gain access to your server files, database, or other nasty things. Don't believe anyone. Check if what they say is real, and if you are in doubt, send a PM to the user. It doesn't hurt, it is free, and you will probably be saving yourself from greater trouble along the path.
 
Just from a personal understanding, never share your personal Facebook, twitter or other accounts that may show personal information such as date of birth as this can be a huge piece of information if someone is going to attempt to gain access to any type of account such as your Facebook, or even paypal / crypto accounts.

Only ever share information with people you can truly trust not just some random person or even display this like this on public view.
 
Back