Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Doesn't really have anything to do with the section.
Bull. Crap. Those three threads that Johnny pointed out were about this section or about FlyFF servers.
EX: http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/use-server-778326/

All he was asking is what Specs would be good for a flyff server. You didn't even let anyone reply? You just closed it. He didn't get the help he needed.



On almost all of Alder's replies were completely true. The censoring is overused. People say one tiny word, and suddenly, their post is edited.


Your missing pretty much the biggest thing: Facebook isn't a forum is it? Facebook problems start between friends, family, people who live around the member etc. It can be solved IRL. A forum is completely different. A forum problem can start between someone in Egypt and Russia and there would be no one other than a moderator to stop it.

You speak as though there is no censoring on ePVP or GameKiller or any other forum out there. There are rules, rules need to be followed, whether or not the rules are too strict or too lenient that is for the forum staff to decide.

As CrashOveride stated before: There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a forum. You agree to a set of rules when you sign up so you have to follow them or you can leave.

So the point is: Censoring is everywhere, everyone's opinion on it is different, but you can't start prosecuting people for censoring when we all have rules to follow and a job to do. If you want to help reduce censoring, then work with the moderators rather than blaming them, because we have our own rules to follow then we have to base section rules off of those as well. It's not easy trust me.

@Bold 1: Pay attention to the attachment below.

@Bold 2: Censoring is taken too far, as the majority of repliers here have stated. When people say one curse word, you have to edit the post, and leave that big "Edited by:" mark.



you kids sure have a hard time letting go of the past and moving forward.

Stop and think for a minute why this section is going down hill? It's your attitude. Its complacency.

So Dell may not love the section like you want him to. So what? The fact that a supervisor is doing a job of a mod is a rare thing in many cases.

So the mods are not on all the time. So what? They have lives. I know I did when I was one. I was a very active one though but even I couldn't catch every little thing. Yes, I believe mods that know and understand the game itself should be in charge but you can't have it all.

Give the mods some credit. Past and present mods had it tough in this section and there has been at least 10 or more mods come and go for whatever reason.

I'm not kissing here. I see it the way none of can (mods excluded).

So is this thread really about how this section can improve or how good/bad "insert mod name here" is doing.

Past is the past. Leave it be.


Encouragement.
Constructive Criticism.
Collaboration.
Confidence.

You need to study these terms because its the key to making this place a success. Not thread A or Thread B. Not Do this or that. Just those terms.

I can guarantee a 100% turnaround, not overnight, of this section.

Don't look to the mods for redemption. Look to yourselves first.

@Bold: You weren't active at all. I bet you were busy shredding them rejection papers, weren't you?


Now. Most likely, this thread will be closed/deleted by the mods, super mods, or MentaL... Might as well get this reply out before it does.

-Apixenz and Gage
 

Attachments

  • forum - Discuss - RaGEZONE Forums
    forum.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 41
Bull. Crap. Those three threads that Johnny pointed out were about this section or about FlyFF servers.
EX: http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/use-server-778326/

All he was asking is what Specs would be good for a flyff server. You didn't even let anyone reply? You just closed it. He didn't get the help he needed.



On almost all of Alder's replies were completely true. The censoring is overused. People say one tiny word, and suddenly, their post is edited.




@Bold 1: Pay attention to the attachment below.

@Bold 2: Censoring is taken too far, as the majority of repliers here have stated. When people say one curse word, you have to edit the post, and leave that big "Edited by:" mark.





@Bold: You weren't active at all. I bet you were busy shredding them rejection papers, weren't you?


Now. Most likely, this thread will be closed/deleted by the mods, super mods, or MentaL... Might as well get this reply out before it does.

-Apixenz and Gage

Well I have no clue who's been editing posts due to language because I've never done that and I don't pay 100% attention to the edited by link so.

Also the 1. 2. 3. reasons I gave were about the links in order.

1. link 1
2. link 2
3. link 3
 
Last edited:
Bull. Crap. Those three threads that Johnny pointed out were about this section or about FlyFF servers.
EX: http://forum.ragezone.com/f651/use-server-778326/

All he was asking is what Specs would be good for a flyff server. You didn't even let anyone reply? You just closed it. He didn't get the help he needed.



On almost all of Alder's replies were completely true. The censoring is overused. People say one tiny word, and suddenly, their post is edited.




@Bold 1: Pay attention to the attachment below.

@Bold 2: Censoring is taken too far, as the majority of repliers here have stated. When people say one curse word, you have to edit the post, and leave that big "Edited by:" mark.





@Bold: You weren't active at all. I bet you were busy shredding them rejection papers, weren't you?


Now. Most likely, this thread will be closed/deleted by the mods, super mods, or MentaL... Might as well get this reply out before it does.

-Apixenz and Gage
Kinda offtopic...
Make a other thread if you all want to talk about the moderators................................................

Owh I dare you both to log in on your real account and post something like this.
scared ;D?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 404
Kinda offtopic...
Make a other thread if you all want to talk about the moderators................................................

Owh I dare you both to log in on your real account and post something like this.
scared ;D?

My real account was BGxApixen. Too bad it was banned. Q_Q

My other account is Apixen, banned, I believe.

My other account is Apixenz, not banned, but I don't wanna use it. o-o

And now ALL of Gage's other accounts are banned BUT "D0xMe", which was made to challenge MentaL after Dell said he could dox on MSN with me. ;)
 
I wun N0LIFE back ;-;... Banned for life ftl.. Jk.. I come here maybe once a week when something stirs up to cure hopeless disease of boredom.
 
I wun N0LIFE back ;-;... Banned for life ftl.. Jk.. I come here maybe once a week when something stirs up to cure hopeless disease of boredom.

I do return banned accounts in some instances. It's all depending on the users attitude and what they got banned for in the first place. Any user is free to appeal by emailing me via; http://forum.ragezone.com/sendmessage.php this includes users who feel it is necessary to abuse me too.
 
I do return banned accounts in some instances. It's all depending on the users attitude and what they got banned for in the first place. Any user is free to appeal by emailing me via; http://forum.ragezone.com/sendmessage.php this includes users who feel it is necessary to abuse me too.

I got banned for "being an idiot", according to "FlameingSkull". Lol'd. His reason for infracting me forever was unlegit in the first place. Me turning down "advice" from a Legend is insulting a Legend, is what his logic is. And when I attempted to "appeal" the ban in "The Front Desk", it was closed without a reply.

How epic.

(I do realize this is off-topic, but oh well.)
 
more of the same rhetoric from you.:sleep: It seriously pissed you and your friends off that I was so active in the section. I had to be because people like you and the group you stuck to were causing too much trouble. But anyway you don't give a **** which is normal coming from you. You were banned multiple times and everytime you come back its the same thing with you. Haven't you learned yet?

If I weren't active as you claim then how is my post how as high as it is? How are my likes as much as they are? Do yourself a favor and do some research next time before shooting off your mouth. That's how you were banned so much.

Anyway. Sorry Misterkid it looks like this thread was turned into mod bashing instead of ways to improve this place. For what its worth its good to see the usual suspects ranting like they always do. lol
 
If I weren't active as you claim then how is my post how as high as it is? How are my likes as much as they are? Do yourself a favor and do some research next time before shooting off your mouth. That's how you were banned so much.

Bullshit arguments, you have been around almost as long as the flyff section has and quality > quantity.
I nearly got the same amount of likes as you and you got ~1k more posts then me.
 
GK, no one cares, MentaL I might take you up on that offer :3.
"because people like you and the group you stuck to" Hopefully that wasn't about me was it :/.. If only you could see the group I "stuck to" has accomplished. Honestly this is the same topic that pops up every Tuesday. *How can we make the forum better?* *How can we make it more active?*
The answer to that is stop bitching. Actions speak louder then words. So GK, instead of trying to sound like a bad ass (Not an insult). Actually do something with it, if you care oh so much about the lively hood of this section. These are the topic that should be locked away quickly because nothing good comes from them. It's as simple as this:

If you have a problem with a person, stop talking to them. I believe VB has a block feature.

If you have a problem with a mod/sm/visor, have a discussing with MentaL about it. Seeing as he loves to input into these stupid threads, I'm sure he wouldn't mind actually having a conversation about you with your problem.

If you have a problem with MentaL, find a different forum to discuss your ideas and development. I'm not sure how many people have realized this, but the internet is a vast place, filled with many sites.

And on top of that I hope you guys know, most of the people who know what they are talking about, don't even troll unless you give them a reason too. Yes there are morons. That's what block is for. The people who have an idea of what they are talking about won't troll for a random reason, and it's usually meant to help you in some form. Forums are places for open discussion, and your never a retard if your arguing for a wrong cause. Your a retard if you argue for a wrong cause and you come out having learned nothing.

That being said, here's my flame. GK, I hardly know you. I go by what I hear. "It seriously pissed you and your friends off that I was so active in the section." I must live a sad life if your existence pisses me off. I can assure you, I couldn't care less about you. Another matter is post count has nothing to do with how active someone is. Look at mine. I have about 3 posts. Post counts can be altered. Posts get deleted, and how much do you want to bet that all 2,597 were helpful. You'd lose. Your post above this post is just a pointless rant. We said you were busy reading and shredding your rejection letters. I never said anything about your activeness and I personally don't care. Again, actions speak louder then words. You want to know why I got banned so much? I released a register spammer, and then released Yannick's packet editor publicly for the first time. It was all over looked too, until I made a post on Facebook about it. From there out every account has been banned besides this one. (Most of the posts get deleted.) Why should you be sorry this conversation shifted towards the moderators? Maybe that really is the problem. It's called criticism. It's quite useful in life. So get off your high horse dude.

Sorry for that boring speech. -Gage
 
To lazy to read all of the posts, sorry.

We need more moderation, maybe some clean up will motivate people to contribute and stay in the flyff community. It's a mess, and It will stay a mess unless changes are made.

I know for sure how the releases are being flamed, the moderators seems to not care much of it anymore. Getting to used to it, huh?

More moderation = More motivation + more releases = A better community.
 
If this section really was out of hand, like it was last time. I'm quite positive a Super Mod would of stepped in.. again.

You want to make your section better? How about trying to report posts and see much of a difference it makes. When you do that, it notifies all moderators, supervisors and super moderators. And more than likely if the reports are way out of hand, the help would be sent int.

Instead of igniting flame wars here and there. And taking every single opportunity to bash the moderators on how inactive they are. How about you try that method and see how it pans out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 404
Well, isn't that nice.

Gage and I got banned. I know why Gage got banned, but I got banned... because Gage and I know how to tunnel? We share the same IP. Loling at the moment, actually. Oh well. I guess MentaL thinks it's for the better.

/ridi
 
If this section really was out of hand, like it was last time. I'm quite positive a Super Mod would of stepped in.. again.

You want to make your section better? How about trying to report posts and see much of a difference it makes. When you do that, it notifies all moderators, supervisors and super moderators. And more than likely if the reports are way out of hand, the help would be sent int.

Instead of igniting flame wars here and there. And taking every single opportunity to bash the moderators on how inactive they are. How about you try that method and see how it pans out.

Oh yea, as if the supermod has done anything. He just fucked up our section and left, I mean there were changes promised, yet we still have a clean-up section almost a year later. Open your eyes people.
 
This is what's going to happen, as it's happened previously:

1. Topic starts with logical discussion about how to fix this section.
2. Mods defend themselves to the death because apparently they aren't human and can do no wrong.
3. Skids and flamers and trolls come on and make a mess of the topic.
4. Mod uses the mess made as an excuse to close the topic and save their mod position.

I've already seen steps 1, 2 and 3 happen, so it's only a matter of time before step 4 happens and absolutely nothing changes.
 
if you are referring to Dios, the SuperMod, yes he was in charge of cleaning up the section. He didn't screw up the section, it was the people that did. They put all their time into trying to bump me off or trying to make a stink about their stuff being leeched then doing what they all supposedly come here for: Server Development of FlyFF.

So if you don't like the way things are going around here then leave and start your own development forum.

And it looks like none of you, Krypton especially, read the things Dell has said in the past. I too questioned the use of a cleanup section and it isn't something to be bothered by.

You people are too chicken **** to PM Dios, Madison, or Crash about the state of things around here and instead go bashing anything and everyone trying to help in any way.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do to help this place yet. But I am going to do something. And something is better than nothing which is better than a lot of people are doing at this point in time.

Why the hell is everyone bitching at everyone? I get it that things are grim around here. Own up to what you all have done and turn it around. Things were great around here 2+ years ago. We were helping one another develop things from emulators to server files, databases, etc. What the hell happened?

Stop acting like Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants and share the wealth once in a while. I know a lot of you are sitting on stuff that can help make this section a place to come that people can feel good about.
Screw the leechers! Why care about them at all? There are a number of people around here dying for some new things and wanting to help out. Is that such a damn crime that you can't show a little love once in a while.

People are so afraid that someone is going to take your stuff and run with it. Who cares? At least you did something worth while and you and the people that know you know the truth.


@spikensbror: you can fall right off that wagon you climbed on because almost no one gives a **** about what happened in the past. The fact is I put all my posting efforts into this section which eventually got me the mod position anyway.

@D0xMe/Gage: You will not get a flame reply from me sorry.
 
My real account was BGxApixen. Too bad it was banned. Q_Q

My other account is Apixen, banned, I believe.

My other account is Apixenz, not banned, but I don't wanna use it. o-o

And now ALL of Gage's other accounts are banned BUT "D0xMe", which was made to challenge MentaL after Dell said he could dox on MSN with me. ;)

Any 12 year old with a keyboard can dox, I don't understand why you think doxing is some epic pro talent that only the gods of hacking wield.
 
Last edited:
well now a days most dev's dont have open projects they just want there server to be the best. and i doubt that's ever going to change. servers with the money do better because they can pay the people to make what they want
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back