[Discussion] Childhood games

Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
827
What games from your childhood are the most memorable ones that you had played?

The most memorable for me would have to be Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, I spent hours and hours just playing this game. It was one of the very first games I got when I got my PS2 as a gift one birthday.

The game was set on a fictional Australian island in what the main character Ty must search for "thunder eggs" to power a machine what will help him free talismans and then free his family.

The game was initially released mid September 2012 on PS2, Xbox and the GameCube.

So, what about you? What was a game that you played in your childhood? :P:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Childhood games

I used to play TY too but never actually managed to finish the game. I don't really have one game that I would put as my childhood game but one that really stands out has to be the Ratchet and Clank series and this game has been with me from childhood till now and they are also making a movie for it, how cool!
 
Re: Childhood games

im actually a sole pc gamer myself.. still I got really great memories playing on playstations.. for example crash bandicoot.. or the lord of the rings series lol... other games I got a lot of fun with out of my childhood would be GTA 2 and vice city.. completely modded the **** out of vice city and played it so much I actually broke 3 original cd's of the game.. :D..

other examples would be the need for speed series.. like underground 2.. played to many games to count so I would be writing until the end of the week listing them all..
 
Used to play Contra... Such a legendary game...

Lewis - [Discussion] Childhood games - RaGEZONE Forums

Lewis - [Discussion] Childhood games - RaGEZONE Forums
 
Transport Tycoon, only god and my mom knows I've spent countless hours, and weeks on it. It offered a lot of fun. Weirdly enough, now it's available for Android too, but I feel no urge to play it anymore. Other than that, I've enjoyed "Prehistoric 2" a "Mario" like side scrolling game, but it has humor, and at that time it looked really good on my 4/86 PC.
 
Transport Tycoon, only god and my mom knows I've spent countless hours, and weeks on it. It offered a lot of fun.

Yes...this game stole many of hours from me too....loved it. Wish they could bring it back somehow with improved graphics but same mechanics...

First game I spent many hours on...Road Rash. My Mom got me a Sega Master System for Christmas one year with that game...I played that game trying to "beat" it for weeks straight...pausing and leaving it on while I slept and was at school....I got to lvl 255 when I finally gave up and decided there was no end lol...



Other games that stole many hours from me...Final Fantasy 1 on NES, Toe Jam and Earl on Genesis, Resident Evil 1 PS1, Gran Turismo on PS1, and Crash Bandicoot PS1.
 
Pokemon Blue. I still will never forget how happy I was to get my Lime GameBoy Color and the game. Still to this day, I feel like those graphics can never be beat by any of the newer Pokemon games, even though they look better. The way the icons moved in your party screen is truly unforgettable.
 
Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Ratchen & Clank, Spyro and some motorcycle racing game for Playstation, not sure about the name.

Edit;

Wow I just found the motorcycle game, the nostalgia is real

 
Spyro, I used to play it on the first playstation like 24/7. I don't remember which Spyro it was though all I remember is some guy up on a hill and I had to do something to get past him and he was guarding like a bridge or portal or something. I also used to play Crash bandicoot quite a lot.
 
Used to play so many games with my friends..................

1) Road Rash ( Fkn spamming space bar )
2) Sonic the hedgehog ( played with my sis )
3) Need for Speed II
Lewis - [Discussion] Childhood games - RaGEZONE Forums

4) Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires ( With ma cousinz )
5) I started playing Unrealtournament goty when I was like 10-11

........I got a big list. But these were the best =)

Heheh miss those great times.
 
I remember Need for Speed. I was too young to understand how to get away from the cops (or how to turn them off). All I tried to do was run away, but ofcourse that never worked.

Final Fantasy 7 changed what I thought was fun. It was my first RPG game, which made me want only RPG games for a while. Definitely changed the way I looked at games.
 
There was this console. I don't even know what it was called.

They utilized cartridges.

Somebody help me remember. ;_;

Nitendo 64 whit that cards no not the snes but that other thing and the altari
 
I never had those fancy PlayStations or others as a kid. I just had a NES and SEGA.
Super Mario 3, Super OffRoad and Sonic are the games that are most memoriable from my childhood. Also that game where that little dragon kind of a guy shoot bubbles.
 
Back