Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DNC Moderator Application -- The War Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Full Name: Unfortunately undisclosed due to the highly controversial nature of the source code for The War Z and our community ongoing work making a RaGEZONE all in one solution for the general community member. (I thought this answer was funny and was not in any way meant to be ridiculously serious) But for personal reasons I do not disclose my name.

Why am I applying: I have been contributing heavily with a group of 3 others to The War Z section since it became available. It has been an ongoing task for current moderators to maintain with the constant influx of help requests, development, releases, now with custom maps being available, and the general improper section posts needing moved.

Contributions: Anyone that has taken more than a few minutes time in The War Z section will immediately see how much time and effort I've invested with the group that I currently work with.
We've been answering questions, giving solutions that work not just to appease immediate requests, we stand firm but are fair. The members of the section try diligently to follow my requests and I not only respect that but also greatly appreciate their time invested helping others. Sharing knowledge acquired from one another is highly important. Paying forward the help we've given one another is something I expect community members and myself alike to continue.

You've only had this account from October of last year. (Thank you 8Bit for catching my mistake)
I totally understand that concern. I've been a long standing community member in many forums over the last 30 years. I think my contributions outweigh the period of time in which I've had this account.

Other projects that I've contributed to in the past:
SWGEmu
EverQuest Emu
EverQuest 2 Emu
Heroes of Thessalonica
Iris 1.8
Aion
Jade Dynasty
WoW
Ultima Online
Lineage
Lost Chaos

If I'm not given this great responsibility and honor. I will continue contributing to the community and smile, knowing that there were legitimate reasons why I was overlooked.

Thank you for your time and patience while you consider this application.

Dan, I'll send a message as I've applied now. ;-)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A decent application alright, I'll give you that. Not sure how it'll be overlooked by MentaL or anyone else, but you have my vouch, and good luck. Seeing as The War Z section is fairly new, I feel it could do with a moderator. Maybe not yourself, but you never know. :): Oh and, you said "December of last year"; you mean October, right?^.^ Good luck again.

Reactions: DNC
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think the section needs a moderator and i think you will be a good one there. You have my vouch for yes!

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Full Name: Unfortunately undisclosed due to the highly controversial nature of the source code for The War Z and our community ongoing work making a RaGEZONE all in one solution for the general community member.

A silly concern; why would the government need your full name? If you live in US, they can find out your identity with a click of a button given your RaGEZONE account name alone. Other countries can make it a bit more complex, but generally same poop.

If you're worried about government prosecuting you, pack up and move to China. However, I hardly think the government would be interested in prosecuting such "small fries", so to speak... Last major lawsuit for pserver development was the Blizzard v. BNETD case. That wasn't a theft or copyright infringement issue, either. The FBI is interested in the hackers behind the attack and possibly anyone that has the plain text user passwords depending how wide spread they've gotten.

Reaction score
You got my vouch, i learned alot from you in one of the sections you mentioned and still am. Besides i don't think much people would take on so many sections to help on.
Plus, you put people on the path to let them do something theirselves too, what many people don't do.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
110% of my vouch for DNC, great personality skills along with a touch of brown nosing(Kidding!!). But in reality he's a good guy, great choice, good tempered, and very skilled. Proud to add my vouch for DNC as a friend and fellow dev.
Best regards

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A silly concern; why would the government need your full name? If you live in US, they can find out your identity with a click of a button given your RaGEZONE account name alone. Other countries can make it a bit more complex, but generally same poop.

If you're worried about government prosecuting you, pack up and move to China. However, I hardly think the government would be interested in prosecuting such "small fries", so to speak... Last major lawsuit for pserver development was the Blizzard v. BNETD case. That wasn't a theft or copyright infringement issue, either. The FBI is interested in the hackers behind the attack and possibly anyone that has the plain text user passwords depending how wide spread they've gotten.

I'm not sure why his personal opinion is any of your concern, I do have to say that if that is all that you believe is wrong with this application he should receive your vouch. Is the mod based on his ability or his name?

Reaction score
I don't know this guy but i can vouch for this guy, his seems very active in War Z section and he is mature enough to handle this job.

Good luck with your application mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back