DYO File Format

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
10
This was requested by adidishen so I thought I'd reverse it and release it.



Few unknowns, if you figure them out feel free to post them here.
 
Last edited:
yes it is the model ID but I noticed the coordinates are wrong. x,y,z coords are incorrect. Don't know why but one particular npc has an x coord of 6973(roughly) and the coord on the program said 1753.15(roughly). Seems to be a little off but not really sure. Everything else is correct including the angle.

I say a good first release but more research on our part is needed.
 
yes it is the model ID but I noticed the coordinates are wrong. x,y,z coords are incorrect. Don't know why but one particular npc has an x coord of 6973(roughly) and the coord on the program said 1753.15(roughly). Seems to be a little off but not really sure. Everything else is correct including the angle.

I say a good first release but more research on our part is needed.
 
yes it is the model ID but I noticed the coordinates are wrong. x,y,z coords are incorrect. Don't know why but one particular npc has an x coord of 6973(roughly) and the coord on the program said 1753.15(roughly). Seems to be a little off but not really sure. Everything else is correct including the angle.

I say a good first release but more research on our part is needed.

As far as I know, X and Z should be multiplied by 4, but even then whole flaris spawns around glaphans at darkon 3, because my X position is wrong. :\
Also another thing that I encounter is the model ID, because they all spawn as mutant feferns. :S

Hey glaph, could you upload your res files for me? I need data.res, datasub1.res, datasub2.res and world\wdmadrigal\wdmadrigal.res. Thanks.
 
As far as I know, X and Z should be multiplied by 4, but even then whole flaris spawns around glaphans at darkon 3, because my X position is wrong. :\
Also another thing that I encounter is the model ID, because they all spawn as mutant feferns. :S

Hey glaph, could you upload your res files for me? I need data.res, datasub1.res, datasub2.res and world\wdmadrigal\wdmadrigal.res. Thanks.

v6 or 11, sir?
 
Never mind, I got it to work. Apparently, my resource reading was faulty because I changed the format to unicode. (rgn files are unicode so..)
 
curious to know if the direction the npc is facing needs converted as well. I know its based on the 360 degree rotation but as they stand now they are a little bit off.

I know when I spawn them I have take the position and multiply it by 50. but I was wondering if you need to do something else to it before loading it in.

xadet, adidishen, anyone? your thoughts are very helpful.

I plan on releasing a program universal that parses the dyo files using the algorithm xadet posted and either spits it out into text files or puts them into mysql databases.
 
Back