Easy L2J Setup howto guide L2J 

hello, I did everything up to the point to register gameserver.bat

The error i get however is that it can't input my mysql password. Saying its (NO password).

what do I do? or where can I input the password info?

Thanks,

---------- Post added 08-15-2009 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-14-2009 at 11:05 PM ----------

hello, I did everything up to the point to register gameserver.bat

The error i get however is that it can't input my mysql password. Saying its (NO password).

what do I do? or where can I input the password info?

Thanks,

hello all, solved this issue, for anyone who come across this here is the solution:

go to loginserver config folder -> open up serverconfig with notepad -> input root password.

hope this help alittle.
 
hello again, everything is set to go, since Yyers' moved, I'm wondering which nogg file (or other files) I should get from his site to bypass the gg?

Thanks,
 
Hey @all^^

At First: Thank you Sirenji404 for this Guide!

So i must say, that I have a problem to connect with my Server "Baium". I
 
Thanks!
But when i login in server. That say "your protocol is different, please continue". How can i fix this problem ?
Good day!
 
Hello lamle1112 !Go to your l2j server ( example : C:\Server\gameserver\config\server.properties ) and change the number in "MinProtocolRevision = 1" and "MaxProtocolRevision = 999"
Sorry my bad english :P
 
can anyone tell me how i can fix this i want on line but found nothing this is what i get when i try to start gameserver login server works C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\server\jvm.dll i dont see it or no where to look for it i mean i no where the jave file is but dont no where to get this or how to fix it
 
Last edited:
First off, thank you for this guide, it is straight to the point, very well written and extremely helpful.

I have made a mistake somewhere, however, and I am not connecting to *my* server. When I launch the game through the desktop shortcut the game loads fine, but I can not log in using any account.

I expect this to be ralated to a problem with the hosts file but my hosts file looks exactly as it should. Is there any other reason why I might not be able to connect to a local server?
 
Last edited:
great topic man

I'm having a problem while I'm installing database an error appears:
got error 1049 unknown database l2jdb

anyone knows how to solve that?

(sry for the bad english)

problem solved =D
^^

u just need to creat a empty database with the name l2jdb

How do i make the empty database? And where do I make it?
 
I hate to admit this but I used to run a server for myself but its been years and I'm having issues' with the myslq doing a full install of database? a lil guidence pls.
 
I would just like to add something to the first post that I noticed will cause problems. If you do not already have the l2jdb database schema in your MySQL database already, the setup using this method will fail. The error message states "unknown database l2jdb" which kind of tells you what's wrong, but there are some people who may not know how to fix it.

The solution:
Code:
-Create a schema called "l2jdb"
That will solve that problem.

sorry i'm a noob here..
where to type that line....:P:
 
Back