eBay Buys

Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
13,049
Reaction score
1,569
What are some of the best stuff you've bought over eBay? Get any great deals? Have any good/bad experiences with it?

I love my eBay, can't get enough of it. So far bought a bag of taffy for my GF last year, bought a 2nd copy of Left 4 Dead for her, and now bought her a couple of books she wanted for piss cheap.

ATM bidding for a dual xeon 2.4ghz server with 2GB RAM and 2 SCSI drives (it's an older model but atm it's going cheap) along with an extra 1GB of RAM for it and a PCI SATA controller. Total cost of all that is coming up to about $120 including the shipping from over east. Not bad, but 4 days left i'm the only bidder so lets see how it goes. *crosses fingers*
 
The last thing I bought over eBay was a Halo 1&2 for xbox orignal.
I wanted to complete them before I buy a 360 and Halo 3, get to know the story
 
Yeap it's great until they charge you 15% of everything and send dbt collectors to get it, used to love eBay, ridiculous fees for sellers, should not be allowed.
 
One i went to buy a paintball gun there and i wont the bid. So 2 weeks later it comes and it only comes with the gun but without the balls. It said that it includes 500 paintsballs, i could not contact the guy or anything because the phone number could not reach him. Ive tried to send him a E-mail but he never replied.
 
I have a pretty big collection of hats and random T-shirts; I've brought DC, Fox, Famous flexfit hats, I've also brought about 15 shirts of random things like plain white shirts with a picture of a taco on it, a Lions Den CT training T-shirt (MMA), I got an AC Slater T-shirt (which is my favorite) from Saved by the Bell - all up I've probably spent around $150aud - considering the hats go for like $25 - $60 (aud) in retail shops like Surf Dive and Ski, City Beach Surf etc.

Worst thing about it, is Pay Pal, I got hit with a $84aud fee because Pay Pal tried to take money out of my bank when I didn't have any money in - I didn't even try to put money in and I got hit with a $84aud bank fee - that pissed me off.
 
Only things i ever bought from ebay was a camera battery and grand theft auto: san andreas (back long time ago)

Both of them were 'buy now' etc etc, but i got cheesed, because it said 5 dollars for the battery, but ended up being around 20 because of the taxs and shipping and whatnot
 
Only things i ever bought from ebay was a camera battery and grand theft auto: san andreas (back long time ago)

Both of them were 'buy now' etc etc, but i got cheesed, because it said 5 dollars for the battery, but ended up being around 20 because of the taxs and shipping and whatnot

It quite clearly shows or tells you the shipping cost before hand, so if you still choose to bid that's completely your fault.
 
It quite clearly shows or tells you the shipping cost before hand, so if you still choose to bid that's completely your fault.

Actually a few years back, you wasen't forced to put the postage price. You still don't have to, using 'Sellers Standard Rate' which you don't find out untill you have agreed to buy.

My best buy was for my earphones,
 
...
ATM bidding for a dual xeon 2.4ghz server with 2GB RAM and 2 SCSI drives (it's an older model but atm it's going cheap) along with an extra 1GB of RAM for it and a PCI SATA controller. Total cost of all that is coming up to about $120 including the shipping from over east. Not bad, but 4 days left i'm the only bidder so lets see how it goes. *crosses fingers*
Do want...

I should start usin' ebay... I was planning, at some point, to buy my own little blade server to throw somewhere in my house and use for w/e.
 
Do want...

I should start usin' ebay... I was planning, at some point, to buy my own little blade server to throw somewhere in my house and use for w/e.

i know, i'm creaming my pants just waiting for the 3 days to end so it will be mine! (no other bids since the 15th so i think i have a good chance of winning it). It has no SATA ports though cos it's slightly old (2002 model) but nothing an extra 1 or 2 SATA controllers can't fix, then i can throw all the network shared HDD's from my PC into the server :)

Oh and it comes with an OEM XP Pro License so that's a plus :P
 
That's the thing about eBay, most real bidders don't show up until the last 15 minutes, then all of a sudden your 1 bid auction has 27 bids.
 
yea i know but that is mainly due to the pre-defined "automatic bids". It's currently at $66 but my automatic bid goes up to $80. So if anyone bids between $67 to $79, i will automatically out bid them. Saw it happen today with an 8800GT. Was $75 this morning till someone bid it up to $77... that triggered about 6 other automatic bids (1 to $80 then $90 then $100 then $110 then $120 and $130 and now it's at $150).
 
My father used to log into my eBay account and buy stuff. Because he didn't want to set up his own, and I knew how it worked. Then he'd call me and tell me. He bought a couple of good things, (i guess?) some downriggers for his boat, some kind of equipment for his job (survey type equipment)
He didn't get screwed on anything, just kinda addicted :P

I on the other hand mostly sold things on ebay, I used to sell Hot wheels Treasure hunt cars which I bought for about 69 cents and sold for $20 and up, so easy money.
 
Back