Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Eclipse Worlds - 2-D Multiplayer ORPG Engine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me too please ;)
Everytime i will use a Tool it says "No Items available in this Category"

:(

You press insert to open the admin panel. In this interface, you edit the type of content you want. One example is an item, this is something that can be used such as tools, equipment, consumables, etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is great. however, how do i make it so you can equip and use items in a map? also, what do you use to edit the game files?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is great. however, how do i make it so you can equip and use items in a map? Also, how do i allow other people to join?

/editmoral to edit the properties of the map moral. You can edit the moral of the map by entering /editmap and selecting the moral you want on the map via map properties.

Other people can join if you host the server with an open port, and edit the configuration file with your IP via client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
/editmoral to edit the properties of the map moral. You can edit the moral of the map by entering /editmap and selecting the moral you want on the map via map properties.

Other people can join if you host the server with an open port, and edit the configuration file with your IP via client.

what compiler or program did u use to code this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
mind linking me to the program? thanks

Visual Basic 6 is a commercial software that is licensed and copyrighted, but if you want to download the base engine for yourself go .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.1.3 released, check changelog for information. This also includes a brand new zip of the engine with the latest source.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New Update
is here. There's an installer made to automatically register the needed files to make it easier on novice developers as well.

This marks the beginning of a stable release of the engine. It also adds a way to edit variables and switches by killing mobs/NPCs.

You can also retrieve the downloads from the first post if you wish.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.1.7 released - check 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 in the changelog. Both the binaries and installer have been updated.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
-_- it still live... keep it up. Personaly - i am dont use that, becouse this very simple, and sorry - low quality engine (nowadays). Guys, try to work on your graphic engine, UI interface and alot of other things. But that a great opensource project for newcomers... Maybe my vision about 2,5D games so much oriented on AAA quality... nvm. Seth Jones PM sented...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-_- it still live... keep it up. Personaly - i am dont use that, becouse this very simple, and sorry - low quality engine (nowadays). Guys, try to work on your graphic engine, UI interface and alot of other things. But that a great opensource project for newcomers... Maybe my vision about 2,5D games so much oriented on AAA quality... nvm. Seth Jones PM sented...

The engine is a prototype to help people get into game development. The user-interface can look really nice, just look at my project Nin Online in the signature. It uses a similar engine that has the same outdated language. Although, it is slowly being moved to Unity/a different engine.

Reaction score
No problem, you can view admin commands using /admin or pressing insert.

Thanks for the info, also I have so many question but I'll limited myself to 3 atm.

Question 1: Is there a simple tutorial somewhere I can see how this work? (mainly I try to add NPC to the map just for a test but I do not know how, the admin panel is very limiting unless its still WIP or I miss something.)

Question 2: How many World can we make or is it limited?

Question 3: Is there a tool to import our own sprite/animation? (Reason is mainly do to creativity instead of limiting ourself)

Sorry if I am asking too much question because I am new of this and just want to learn.

p.s. I notice there is a runtime error '380' Invalid property value, it was because I was making a GM weapon with max out stats to test it out is there a way I can delete or track down to delete it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question 1: Is there a simple tutorial somewhere I can see how this work? (mainly I try to add NPC to the map just for a test but I do not know how, the admin panel is very limiting unless its still WIP or I miss something.)

No. You have to play around with it/ask questions. The editors do all the work for you pretty much, it isn't that complicated.

Question 2: How many World can we make or is it limited?

Data folder in the server folder contains your world. Just rename it to backup_data to make a new world. Each file in it is stored in its own file, so you can merge worlds relatively easy if you know what you are doing.

Question 3: Is there a tool to import our own sprite/animation? (Reason is mainly do to creativity instead of limiting ourself)

No, the sprites/graphics are in the client - data files - graphics folder. You can make animations in the animation editor.

p.s. I notice there is a runtime error '380' Invalid property value, it was because I was making a GM weapon with max out stats to test it out is there a way I can delete or track down to delete it?

Go to the items folder inside the data folder and delete the number of the item it is on (index). You also should turn the server off before doing this.

Reaction score
No. You have to play around with it/ask questions. The editors do all the work for you pretty much, it isn't that complicated.

Data folder in the server folder contains your world. Just rename it to backup_data to make a new world. Each file in it is stored in its own file, so you can merge worlds relatively easy if you know what you are doing.

No, the sprites/graphics are in the client - data files - graphics folder. You can make animations in the animation editor.

Go to the items folder inside the data folder and delete the number of the item it is on (index). You also should turn the server off before doing this.

Ah I see thanks I will play around with it during my Spring Break. :cool:

Back