• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Egzum is compressed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey when i start up my pc i get 'Egzum is compressed. Press Ctr+Alt+Del to restart.' i press it and it just comes up again. :'(
pls help

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even google doesn't have answers for that...

Try repairing with Windows CD?

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what was the last thing you installed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm cant remember lol :/ i think it was MineCraft. well i think i ran this regestry file a few days ago

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
umm cant remember lol :/ i think it was MineCraft. well i think i ran this regestry file a few days ago

lol... little engine that would :thumbup:

Maybe you ran something malicious because in years of experience in the field, even I never heard of an error like that. Of course if it was a new virus of some sort it would spurt unknown never heard of fake errors to cover up the real problem. I suggest downloading and burning and run it through your machine. Just to make sure its nothing malicious. You should be able to access a PC and a blank CD to do that much.

Reaction score
Uhh... I can't find -anything- called Egzum that would relate to anything in this case.

I did search the basic 'is compressed. press ctrl+alt+delete' error, and found that there was a lot of people that had that issue with bootmgr. There was also one guy who had an issue because he messed with his computer's BIOS badly.
One suggestion was to flash the CMOS, but I have absolutely no idea what Egzum is so I have no idea if that would help at all. I would try to get your hands on a Windows installation or repair disk so you can repair.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Flash the CMOS is always a good idea. Google on how to, just remember to google for how to on your specific motherboard.

bootmgr is usually a corrupt win installation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm i have os disc but when i start it it says'egzum is compressed blah blah blah.' help!!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
umm i have os disc but when i start it it says'egzum is compressed blah blah blah.' help!!!

Where do you get this error? Be specific. Does your computer post the bios info? Does this happen before or after the bios post? Does windows loading splash load? Does this happen as soon as it loads into desktop? You have to be precise on what your telling us so we can identify what and where the problem might be.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where do you get this error? Be specific. Does your computer post the bios info? Does this happen before or after the bios post? Does windows loading splash load? Does this happen as soon as it loads into desktop? You have to be precise on what your telling us so we can identify what and where the problem might be.
when i start up pc, insert os cd then boot cd. then i get error

ps i have dell pc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when i start up pc, insert os cd then boot cd. then i get error

ps i have dell pc

Have you tried booting from a linux cd? Sounds like your MBR is corrupt or something. Probably better off loading up killdisk or something on it and low level formating it. Then install fresh windows on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you tried booting from a linux cd? Sounds like your MBR is corrupt or something. Probably better off loading up killdisk or something on it and low level formating it. Then install fresh windows on it.
Thx guys!!! XD

Last edited:
Back