Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Electronic pick pocket credit cards

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
awesome but risky, now they'll have to make wallets made of something that won allow that to ream em and some1 will become rich, damn why im even saying it, i should keep the idea in secret...

the guy of the video surely dissapear with the whole thing after doing it lol

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
now they'll have to make wallets made of something that won allow that to ream em and some1 will become rich, damn why im even saying it, i should keep the idea in secret...
It doesn't take a genius to bring that idea to anothers attention and I'm sure that guy who works for Identity Stronghold will produce those soon enough IF it's really that much of a threat.

Reaction score
awesome but risky, now they'll have to make wallets made of something that won allow that to ream em and some1 will become rich, damn why im even saying it, i should keep the idea in secret...

the guy of the video surely dissapear with the whole thing after doing it lol

Well the video demonstrated a product to stop such things from happening.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RFID chips in cards contain no more information than displayed on the face of your card. This can be stolen easily by checkout attendants, cameras or simple shoulder surfing. It is not easy to use this information to order from the majority of online stores (the only place card information is useful without the card). This is also why it is safe to print on the face of the card.

The RFID chip does not contain CVV, PIN or card holder address information, rendering the information useless on the majority of online stores.

Banks invest hundreds of millions into researching card security, this is not an area they would overlook.

They are hyping it so that "Identity Stronghold" can make a ton of cash from RFID blocking card sleeves, as a few of you mentioned.

Cool share however :D

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TO protect your cards and wallet just wrap it in tin foil, and there is already card guards to prevent it as well.

Last edited:
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm never going outside again till my card is safe. Guess I need to stick here for alloooong time

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was demonstrated on an episode of NCIS LA

YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score
this is why i been wearing a tin foil hat for few years now as they also can wipe your memories or even make you do things you wouldn't normally do, heres picture of me in my basement:
MentaL - Electronic pick pocket credit cards - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was demonstrated on an episode of NCIS LA

Mhmmm, this is pretty damn risky. It'd be sick to BE the one taking their credit card numbers etc, but being on the other side.. not so much.

Reaction score
RFID chips in cards contain no more information than displayed on the face of your card. This can be stolen easily by checkout attendants, cameras or simple shoulder surfing. It is not easy to use this information to order from the majority of online stores (the only place card information is useful without the card). This is also why it is safe to print on the face of the card.

The RFID chip does not contain CVV, PIN or card holder address information, rendering the information useless on the majority of online stores.

Banks invest hundreds of millions into researching card security, this is not an area they would overlook.

They are hyping it so that "Identity Stronghold" can make a ton of cash from RFID blocking card sleeves, as a few of you mentioned.

Cool share however :D

I can do alot online using only my name, card number, and expiration date/CCV. Sure the larger websites using higher security want all your info, but there are still thousands of websites out there which are still accessible using just the details printed on the card.

Sure, a sales attendant could see that info, but realistically they will barely be able to remember the fist 4 number of your card, let alone the rest of the info. Not to mention that only a small amount of credit cards use a PIN, the majority still rely on signatures which of course are useless online.

Of course they also have ways of finding the rest of your information using only your credit card information, so it's just a matter of getting their hands on as much of your details as possible, so they can search for the rest of it.

Or... People could simply not use RFID? Apart from my Passport which i obviously don't carry around with me, no other credit or debit card i have has an RFID chip in it. Hence, i really aren't that worried about this issue.

Last edited:
Back