Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ELU Blender Exporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did that originally, but it didn't work. Apparently, the "texture works fine, but won't connect to the model. And the model crashes the client." according to the guy who tested it for me

also, is any1 willing to test items for me? or help me get this right?

make sure you save on version 6 or 7 or your client will crash

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dam another issue is that gunz doesnt support soft bodies so it will be impossible to make your clothing flow as it is supposed to. WHen I apply a soft body, for some reason the client crashes when it tries to load mesh. I would really like to give my coat a flowing effect, any ideas how to do this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sooo... can this script export with alpha yet? I've tried an bunch of different ways to no avail. If it can, will some one halp this nub out. :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sooo... can this script export with alpha yet? I've tried an bunch of different ways to no avail. If it can, will some one halp this nub out. :D

ROFL this is my newest issue apart from softbodies. EVERYthing works perfect but when I export my alpha channels do not work

Reaction score
Alpha channels work fine for me. These are the settings I use the save them in Photoshop;

Phantom* - ELU Blender Exporter - RaGEZONE Forums

Remember to make the .DDS file first, then apply them on the model. They should work.

:]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alpha channels work fine for me. These are the settings I use the save them in Photoshop;

Remember to make the .DDS file first, then apply them on the model. They should work.

I know how to save alpha channels but it still didnt work for squat for some gay reason

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Styx: Stop saving as v4 D: I also use GIMP so that post wasn't really helpful but, ty I guess.

As for the others, after further testing(and reading up on how to add alpha support manually to old items) I figured it out why alpha does and yet does not work.

So here it goes, first, export any model your working on as v4. Then compare it in your favorite hex viewer to the same model exported as v7.

The Problem: The v4 has alpha channel enabled however the v7 format adds a huge number of blanks (hex 00) between the 2nd mention the texture name and the first mention of the name of the blender object.

The Solution: See that second mention of your texture name? Ya? Good. Move it to line 150(in hex) and you're done, it's that easy. (I did some testing and it doesn't have to be exactly line 150, just move it really close to it.)

Note: It would be so ossim to see a button in the next version of the export script that automatically does that and maybe add a second button that changes the blending mode.(make the 4th byte before the first mention of the object name equal to 64 and that makes gunz apply an additive blending mode to the model, but it only works with v4) I would do it myself but I R NUB. D:

Last edited:
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

wtf is the in the photo? looks sweet xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Styx: Stop saving as v4 D: I also use GIMP so that post wasn't really helpful but, ty I guess.

As for the others, after further testing(and reading up on how to add alpha support manually to old items) I figured it out why alpha does and yet does not work.

So here it goes, first, export any model your working on as v4. Then compare it in your favorite hex viewer to the same model exported as v7.

The Problem: The v4 has alpha channel enabled however the v7 format adds a huge number of blanks (hex 00) between the 2nd mention the texture name and the first mention of the name of the blender object.

The Solution: See that second mention of your texture name? Ya? Good. Move it to line 150(in hex) and you're done, it's that easy. (I did some testing and it doesn't have to be exactly line 150, just move it really close to it.)

Note: It would be so ossim to see a button in the next version of the export script that automatically does that and maybe add a second button that changes the blending mode.(make the 4th byte before the first mention of the object name equal to 64 and that makes gunz apply an additive blending mode to the model, but it only works with v4) I would do it myself but I R NUB. D:

Or export as any version above 4 and use that alpha button in blender :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For some reason. When i try and export a hat i made. it says that Bip01 is not textured. This is because i imported a hat and it imports a small dummy model of a character, i then edit the hat and try to export. I think Gunz uses the dummy character to know where to put the hat ingame.

Please look into this. thanks.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Wow, this been up for a while.
I like it, but what does Select Version do?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For some reason. When i try and export a hat i made. it says that Bip01 is not textured. This is because i imported a hat and it imports a small dummy model of a character, i then edit the hat and try to export. I think Gunz uses the dummy character to know where to put the hat ingame.

Please look into this. thanks.

Delete any of the followng files: elu_import.py, elu_import.pyc, gunz_import.py, gunz_import.pyc, gunz_export.py, gunz_export.pyc from your Blender plugin direcotry. Re-download the latest importer and exporter and try again.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to create a hat? Its invisible when i create one.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can't wait for animations!

Hey Phantom, can you fix an animations for sets ? Anyway ty

I need more incentive from the community to free up my time to complete an animation exporter. I would like to see more character sets using the existing armatures and animations.

I've also recently added many new contacts on MSN but have never heard from any of them. If you added me, at least say "Hello" and don't be shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back