EP8 Repack, prerelease

Everything works like a dream,but i have managed to find some bugs. first and main one,u can not drop anything out of the inventory. it says u can not use this function. any solutions yet? but thanks for reliese,very nice.
 
I have 1 question.Is this a complete tutorial so simple? or i need to have knowledge from previous releases.
I only want to make a server for me to play on the same PC can i do it with this?
 
I made it work i think but i dont understand how do i make account ? do we have Gm tool for ep8 ?

Also can anyone provide guide links if any on how to edit characters data, create accounts etc etc..?Ive looked around and i cant find anything useful

Update: So i ve used database store procedure dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount but when i enter at login screen and click OK nothing happens no login no error messages what do i do?even if i enter random acount/pass i get no errors or anything,
Also do i have to use the cabalmain.exe provided in this guide the 13mb one or leave the original one in place?if i use the one here 13mb i get error cabalmain.exe not found or corrupt while game is on loading screen.
What do i do?anyone know?

 
Last edited:
@MetalSystem Thx tool works.

But i still dont get it why i cant login and why do i get error i swap cabalmain.exe with the one in this guide it says cabalmain.exe corrupt :(
I think thats why i cant login with the unchanged cabal.exe it loads till login screen but doesnt work and with modified .exe it crashes with error i dont know how to fix are there any other working clients or .exes for ep8?
 
@MetalSystem Thx tool works.

But i still dont get it why i cant login and why do i get error i swap cabalmain.exe with the one in this guide it says cabalmain.exe corrupt :(
I think thats why i cant login with the unchanged cabal.exe it loads till login screen but doesnt work and with modified .exe it crashes with error i dont know how to fix are there any other working clients or .exes for ep8?
No Problem
I'm happy that i could help you ;)
have you checked if the service are running right? cabal_stat
If not check if your firewall is turned off <- do the same failure very oft :D
 
No Problem
I'm happy that i could help you ;)
have you checked if the service are running right? cabal_stat
If not check if your firewall is turned off <- do the same failure very oft :D
I turn off both firewall windows/centos and antivirus, i even reinstalled server it runs with no problem all services.I also tried pinging centOS from windows and it works and since server is online and cabal_stat report everything is running i dont understand why i cant connect.
The only thing im thinking at is do i need to swap the cabalmain.exe or is supposed to work with the one in the archive of 4mb.Also on guide page at download it says TG Client Patch: coming soon does that mean i need some extra files?
I installed sql server 2008 R2 sp2 64,centOS 6.4 64bit in vmware 10 using NAT networking,cabal_install64.sh,i used CentOS ip in internal.txt copied item.enc in cabalclient folder and launched with .bat file,patched hosts for xtrap to update.
When i get to login and enter id/pass press ok nothing happens.
Also when i setup server cabal config i enter mssql ip sa + pass and i dont know what i should enter for "Ip for players to connect" so i entered centOS ip since thats the server dont know if thats the right one.
 
I try bridged and assign manually an ip it says connected in centOS but i cant load any webpage in centOS and when i ping the ip in windows i get Request timed out so i guess bridged doesnt work at all.
 
Yes, change DBAgent_01.ini
UseDungeonRankingSchedule=0
to
UseDungeonRankingSchedule=1 #Default=1

I have already added it on to the to do list, I still want to do some things with the repack but I am sort of a busy with real life stuff. I'm also playing Planetside 2 so I have almost no time to do anything except to lurk around. : P
 
Back