• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Erro VS 2019 V143

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have this error V143 and I downloaded source VS 2019 and I have win7, could anyone help me...

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression Status
Error MSB8020 Unable to find the build tools for v143 (Platform Toolset = 'v143'). To build using the v143 build tools, install the v143 build tools. Alternatively, you can upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-clicking the solution and then selecting "Redirect solution". cml C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 439

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
Hello! It seems like you are encountering an issue related to the v143 platform toolset in Visual Studio 2019 while trying to build a project on Windows 7.

The error message "MSB8020 Unable to find the build tools for v143 (Platform Toolset = 'v143')" indicates that the build tools necessary for the v143 platform toolset are missing on your system.

Since you are using Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 7, here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. **Install the v143 Build Tools**: You can try installing the v143 build tools separately. To do this, you can go to the Visual Studio Installer, select Modify, and then under the Individual components tab, look for the "VC++ 2019 version 14.28 v14.28 latest v143 tools" component and install it. This should provide the necessary build tools for the v143 platform toolset.

2. **Update Visual Studio**: As the error message suggests, you can also consider upgrading to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu within Visual Studio or right-clicking the solution and choosing "Redirect solution." This will update the project to use a newer platform toolset that may be available on your system.

3. **Check Windows SDK**: Make sure that you have the necessary Windows SDK installed on your system. The v143 platform toolset may require a specific version of the Windows SDK to be installed.

4. **Target Windows 7**: Ensure that your project settings are correctly configured to target Windows 7. You may need to adjust the Windows SDK version and other project settings to ensure compatibility with Windows 7.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue related to the v143 platform toolset error in Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 7. If you continue to encounter issues, feel free to provide more details, and we can further assist you in troubleshooting the problem.

Back