Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Factor of Them..or Age? Private 

Reaction score
So here's a good discussion. Posting this in Retros because it relates to both Habbo and Retros.

It's no secret that most of us think Habbo's gotten much more boring, as well as retros (but I think they've gotten more boring relative to their past selves, not compared to eachother), but is it a factor of THEM, or is it that most of us are getting older and we're starting to realize that Habbo's nothing more than a chat room with bulky features tied in?

Games are fun to play but not when it's with noobs. I think that the people you're with is what makes Habbo more interesting and we're losing our friends on Habbo to *gulp* real life. Plus, as the community changes, so do the activities.

I dunno, but these discussions need to be had, since we can only agree on the existence of problems rather than the cause of them.

Last edited:
Honestly, it's not just the age, it's not just what's happening, it's everything.

Habbo in itself is dying because it's just pushing more and more ads rather then actually doing fun things like staff hosting events, inside hotel events etc etc..

Retros are dying because of the users that play them. It's basically like this;
10% = good honest retro players and creators
80% = wanna be sk1dz with a booter there mum bought them for Christmas acting tough forcing owners to have to buy bulkier servers and protection.
5% = owners who just bleed the scene for money
5% = noobs who just cause problems by asking for staff then leaving.

That's all it is now. I just made a retro, and have been bugged so much about staff it's crazy. Even got the good old threat 'gimme staff or i'll take this site down, you know i can' .. what happened? he got banned and ain't seen him since.

I know I can't really talk as I kind of came along with this whole new 'era' of people came in (2012 ftw), but I've heard so much on how good it was back in the day. New releases every minute, new dev's every second, hotels opening and getting hundreds of users out of no where, sk1dz were no more then ghosts.. Man, those were the retro times I would have loved to of been in. Oh well.

Honestly, it's not just the age, it's not just what's happening, it's everything.

Habbo in itself is dying because it's just pushing more and more ads rather then actually doing fun things like staff hosting events, inside hotel events etc etc..

Retros are dying because of the users that play them. It's basically like this;
10% = good honest retro players and creators
80% = wanna be sk1dz with a booter there mum bought them for Christmas acting tough forcing owners to have to buy bulkier servers and protection.
5% = owners who just bleed the scene for money
5% = noobs who just cause problems by asking for staff then leaving.

That's all it is now. I just made a retro, and have been bugged so much about staff it's crazy. Even got the good old threat 'gimme staff or i'll take this site down, you know i can' .. what happened? he got banned and ain't seen him since.

I know I can't really talk as I kind of came along with this whole new 'era' of people came in (2012 ftw), but I've heard so much on how good it was back in the day. New releases every minute, new dev's every second, hotels opening and getting hundreds of users out of no where, sk1dz were no more then ghosts.. Man, those were the retro times I would have loved to of been in. Oh well.

I remembered the first time I saw a hotel get DDoS'd I sat in my room and I thought "This completely takes the fun out of retros now."

I remembered the first time I saw a hotel get DDoS'd I sat in my room and I thought "This completely takes the fun out of retros now."

It's pathetic. When I first made one I didn't even need to add protection as I didn't worry about that, now a HTTP and TCP proxy is a must.

I'm 19 and work full time in software and website development. I can safely say I enjoy oldskool just as much as I did when I was 12. My problem is the Flash versions, they are just horrible for me. I see features that existed for years being removed and more terrible furniture being released.

FatalLulz is right though, the users that exist are ruining it just as much. There is no benefit in being a staff member really, except you can ban people you don't like. Back when I was developing I was always trying to invent ways to stop abuse with staff members, the main way was only having people I knew and trusted, the other way was I added logging to.. well.. everything. Those staff members couldn't take one step without it being logged (not literally but I'm sure you catch my drift)

My way of dealing with everything was having logs thrown in my face whenever I logged in. I'd review every ban no matter how small. Unfortunately these days people just hire anyone who fills in a form they made in 10 seconds on some rubbish web service.

Name: Richard Komakech
Year of experience: 6
Why should you be picked:
I have moderated well lots. I fink I could make dis hotel wel gud and I have contacts. Hire me or I boot u.

HIRED!

I believe we could revive the section but I'd want to do it in steps, mainly bring back oldskool, once we can prove we can make a stable system that has many custom features (even with the limiting power of the DCR - I've built a lot of custom stuff still) then we can move into improving Flash or even replicating Flash and improving it with canvas.

I'm 19 and work full time in software and website development. I can safely say I enjoy oldskool just as much as I did when I was 12. My problem is the Flash versions, they are just horrible for me. I see features that existed for years being removed and more terrible furniture being released.

FatalLulz is right though, the users that exist are ruining it just as much. There is no benefit in being a staff member really, except you can ban people you don't like. Back when I was developing I was always trying to invent ways to stop abuse with staff members, the main way was only having people I knew and trusted, the other way was I added logging to.. well.. everything. Those staff members couldn't take one step without it being logged (not literally but I'm sure you catch my drift)

My way of dealing with everything was having logs thrown in my face whenever I logged in. I'd review every ban no matter how small. Unfortunately these days people just hire anyone who fills in a form they made in 10 seconds on some rubbish web service.

Name: Richard Komakech
Year of experience: 6
Why should you be picked:
I have moderated well lots. I fink I could make dis hotel wel gud and I have contacts. Hire me or I boot u.

HIRED!

I believe we could revive the section but I'd want to do it in steps, mainly bring back oldskool, once we can prove we can make a stable system that has many custom features (even with the limiting power of the DCR - I've built a lot of custom stuff still) then we can move into improving Flash or even replicating Flash and improving it with canvas.

I think over 50% of the hotel owners are running a hotel to make money. I remember when I had a hotel, never sold VIP packages, furniture, credits or pixels. It should all be free and thats why we're replicating Habbo.

It'll be a waste of time to work on shockwave from scratch if you start today. People that are new to Habbo and retros are not willing to play shockwave. For some the current version of Phoenix is getting outdated. They want to keep updated.

I think over 50% of the hotel owners are running a hotel to make money. I remember when I had a hotel, never sold VIP packages, furniture, credits or pixels. It should all be free and thats why we're replicating Habbo.

It'll be a waste of time to work on shockwave from scratch if you start today. People that are new to Habbo and retros are not willing to play shockwave. For some the current version of Phoenix is getting outdated. They want to keep updated.

Yeah the money aspect is the worst thing about the retro scene now. Back when I was concept designing for shockwave I had come up with a concept of creating a new currency, one that was earned though mini-games and such. They were the payment you'd use for perks like VIP.

Thanks. It's good to ask people to put things into perspective, otherwise it could mean they keep believing the same story without thinking twice. For now, we can agree habbo has gotten worse. Not so sure about retros. I miss the diversity, though. That gives me an Idea for a new thread.

Last edited:
For me, I went on retros for the social side. To talk to people I hadn't met before. It was very rare that I actually designed a room or participated in events, I just talked to other people and had the usual internet banter. I left because I had more important things going on in life. I think most people leave the scene because of their age and tend to think more of the future.

Everything said in this thread is bang on beautiful

Unfortunately the golden days are gone and any attempts to replicate them or bring them back just cant work without major major effort, and of course removing the onslaught of faggots who ruined that era.

Back