• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Finding invisible character fixes

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well these bugs are kinda small, but it's really annoying if someone uses it to find you.
The 2 bugs are:

~ Right clicking on an invisible player still creates the player menu (with trade, duel, etc)
~ Moving your mouse over an invisible player still shows the char info at the top of your screen

This is my first release ever so please don't blame me if it's a little messy.
Here are the fixes:

First find this function:
CWndWorld::ShowMoverMenu

Then search for this (It's at the top of the function lol):
Code:
	// ¸Þ´º¸¦ ¶ç¿ì±â¿¡ Àû´çÇÑ °Å¸®ÀÎÁö È®ÀÎ.
	D3DXVECTOR3 vDist = pTarget->GetPos() - g_pPlayer->GetPos();
	FLOAT fDistSq = D3DXVec3LengthSq( &vDist );
#if __VER >= 15 // __IMPROVE_SYSTEM_VER15
	if( (fDistSq < 20.0f * 20.0f) && ( m_bRButtonDown == FALSE || ( pTarget->IsPlayer() && m_bRButtonDown == TRUE ) ) )
#else // __IMPROVE_SYSTEM_VER15
	if( (fDistSq < 20.0f * 20.0f) && m_bRButtonDown == FALSE )
#endif // __IMPROVE_SYSTEM_VER15
	{

Below it add this:
Code:
if( !g_pPlayer->IsAuthHigher( AUTH_GAMEMASTER ) && ( pTarget->HasBuff( BUFF_SKILL, SI_ACR_SUP_DARKILLUSION ) || pTarget->IsMode( TRANSPARENT_MODE ) ) )
	return;

This will fix the right clicking bug.
Now for the second bug find this function:
CWndWorld::RenderSelectObj

Inside that function find this:
Code:
if( pMover->IsAuthHigher( AUTH_GAMEMASTER ) == TRUE )
{
	bSkip = TRUE;

if( pMover->HasBuffByIk3(IK3_TEXT_DISGUISE) )
		bSkip = TRUE;
}

And replace it with this:
Code:
if( pMover->IsAuthHigher( AUTH_GAMEMASTER ) == TRUE || pMover->HasBuff( BUFF_SKILL, SI_ACR_SUP_DARKILLUSION ) || pMover->IsMode( TRANSPARENT_MODE ) )
{
	bSkip = TRUE;

if( pMover->HasBuffByIk3(IK3_TEXT_DISGUISE) )
		bSkip = TRUE;
}

That will fix the char info bug.
Well that's it, hope it's usefull for some of you!

CREDITS:

VisualChaser: 100%

Last edited:
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This means if you got two admins in disguise, they cannot right click eachother either.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This means if you got two admins in disguise, they cannot right click eachother either.

Hmm you're right, thanks for letting me know.
This code should work better:

Code:
if( !g_pPlayer->IsAuthHigher( AUTH_GAMEMASTER ) && ( pTarget->HasBuff( BUFF_SKILL, SI_ACR_SUP_DARKILLUSION ) || pTarget->IsMode( TRANSPARENT_MODE ) ) )
	return;

I also changed it in the main post.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you should really do the same if statement for both of those
what if you had a hacker, that made themself invisible? that second code would prevent you from seeing their name

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's not true. GM's can still see the names and everything.
This codes only hide the stuff for normal players. (tested it and worked)

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
have you tested with a char that's invisible, not a GM, and not using dark illusion?
here's how. make the char gm, go invisible, log out, remove gm status from database, then test it again

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tested that already and it worked fine (I tested everything and it all worked out well, even for the gm stuff, just try it yourself)

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i just remembered one other way of finding an invisible char (although i haven't looked into how it would be fixed)
if the ranger/jester has killed someone, that person gets a red dot on their navigator showing where the ranger/jester is, even if they're invisible

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice fix. Its extremely aggravating to be killed this way, though there are a lot of people who don't know about it and think your some kind of hacker lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just remembered one other way of finding an invisible char (although i haven't looked into how it would be fixed)
if the ranger/jester has killed someone, that person gets a red dot on their navigator showing where the ranger/jester is, even if they're invisible

Ehm I don't really understand what you mean.
Does this only happen for jesters/rangers?
I never saw this bug before :/

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score

Ehm I don't really understand what you mean.
Does this only happen for jesters/rangers?
I never saw this bug before :/

When you are Jester/Ranger and you PK someone you are shown on navigator AS Red DOT and even if you go invisible everyone still see you on their navigator

Hope I helped

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
to be clear, it's not everyone's navigator
the char going invisible would show on someone's navigator as a red dot only if the last time that person was killed, was by that person going invisible.. i hope that made sense lol

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
you mean only the killed guy can see the red dot while guy is in DI?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well, the killed guy sees the red dot constantly (not just when they're using DI) until they're killed by someone else or relog.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure if it does it for PK, but it does do it in the arena

Back