Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

First one :/

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
This is my first ever signature, im rubbish at GFX and im not good at using Photoshop. I have tried my hardest to do the best i could please give me some tips as i want to get better.
Shoelace - First one :/ - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whoa...
Isn't that just a text with a random blured after sharpen BG?
There is nothing I can advice you since you will need to start with the basics... watch begginer tutorials, there are lots of them in deviantart just by searching 'signature tutorials', there is also a wonderful 360 tutorials pack in there, it is on the first page I think... Making a sig needs a render, doing one without it is kinda difficult and won't look that good.
Just don't say you are not good with photoshop, practice makes perfect...
Good luck, and sorry for not being able to give you that much of an advice

♥ me, I'm an Artist.
Reaction score
Whoa...
Isn't that just a text with a random blured after sharpen BG?
There is nothing I can advice you since you will need to start with the basics... watch begginer tutorials, there are lots of them in deviantart just by searching 'signature tutorials', there is also a wonderful 360 tutorials pack in there, it is on the first page I think... Making a sig needs a render, doing one without it is kinda difficult and won't look that good.
Just don't say you are not good with photoshop, practice makes perfect...
Good luck, and sorry for not being able to give you that much of an advice

He doesn't need to use a render, he can use stock aswell... well he needs to know how :$

like you said he should practice much more, and he should read more and more tuts aswell :)

@Shoelace: well.. if its really your 1st sig.. I think its not that bad... I saw much more worse sig than this XD Keep practicing and if you have something or someone that motivating you, you can be much betttehh! :)

Good Luck,
.Astro99

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He doesn't need to use a render, he can use stock aswell... well he needs to know how :$

Making a sig with just a stock can do it, but it is going to be A LOT harder than with a render, oh and it also depends on the stock, just a landscape won't do it just fine, it would need a better focal - Render... You can only match a landscape without a render with an AWESOME typo, which is not that easy to make...

Anyways, keep practicing and you will get better, post as many as you make and we will try to help you out as much as we can ^^

Numero uno tagger.
Reaction score
This actually quite good for your first time, allot of people just throw allot of junk together play with the settings, throw some more junk on the canvas and call it a signature.

Read allot of tutorials, figure out your way around photoshop and you'll improve drastically. Gl and gj, mate. :)

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whats the normal size of a signature?

I usually make something like 370x135 but that's really personal preference, use what fits you better, different styles different sizes ^^

Numero uno tagger.
Reaction score
Play around with sizes, don't stick to one size, it gets really boring. Work with a size that would fit the style of your tag you're going for.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
they go from 350x140-430x220, well, imo those are normal sizes.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is the stock an image of guy with a gun? What I would have done is duplicate the layer, and add the effect to the top layer then erase the parts with the person and gun to make them come back to normal focal length. Give that a try, and see what the results come out as!

I have to say, the typo is rather good for a first try! Most people, even the really great artists have difficulty with getting the text right on a signiture.
Good job, take critism on board, and improvments will happen :)

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Here is some good advice. Stop using HUGE FONTS on Threads! We can read small ones too!
Mucski
I did that so people can read it before looking at the image

try to follow this tutorial to practice, btw you will need to find some smudge settings, I recommend DA, search for "smudge settings"

Scratch.
Thanks for feedback :) and the TUT really helped

Is the stock an image of guy with a gun? What I would have done is duplicate the layer, and add the effect to the top layer then erase the parts with the person and gun to make them come back to normal focal length. Give that a try, and see what the results come out as!

I have to say, the typo is rather good for a first try! Most people, even the really great artists have difficulty with getting the text right on a signiture.
Good job, take critism on board, and improvments will happen :)
Chewbecca
I love critism :) and i want to improve

It isnt a stock :/ its a render and some random background i done with some leaf brush and some smudging

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mucski
I did that so people can read it before looking at the image

Scratch.
Thanks for feedback :) and the TUT really helped

Chewbecca
I love critism :) and i want to improve

It isnt a stock :/ its a render and some random background i done with some leaf brush and some smudging
Okay well I think that it is too blurred. You do want some depth to it. So bring the render back to focus.

Back